1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, May 8, 2018.
B. Approval of the minutes of the Department Budget Meeting held on Tuesday, May 8, 2018.
2) CLAIMS: A. Approval of all claims processed through May 15, 2018.
3) PUBLIC HEARING: A. Amusement license application from Jan and Darril Hauser d/b/a Pine Creek Farm to hold a craft fair on September 28-29, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at 11505 N. 14th Street, Raymond, NE. (See correlating item 4A.)
4) NEW BUSINESS: A. Amusement license application from Jan and Darril Hauser d/b/a Pine Creek Farm to hold a craft fair on September 28-29, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at 11505 N. 14th Street, Raymond, NE.
B. Settlement between Ashlie Amen and Lancaster County in the amount of $100,000 regarding Docket 216 No. 1627 in the Nebraska Workers' Compensation Court (Ashlie Amen v. Lancaster County). (C-18-0215)
C. Resolution in the matter of recommitting to the "Stepping Up Initiative to Reduce the Number of People with Mental Illness in Jails." (R-18-0030)
D. Joint Budget Committee funding recommendations for 2018-19.
E. Juvenile Justice Prevention Fund recommendations for 2018-19.
F. Recommendations from the County Personnel Policy Board to create the classification of Senior Field Administrator (C28) with a proposed pay grade of $84,331.52-$108,020.64 and to revise the classification of Investigator (E14).
G. Mini-grant application and award with the Nebraska Department of Transportation Highway Safety Office in the amount of $1,679 for selective overtime enforcement by the Lancaster County Sheriff's Office related to alcohol compliance checks at rural establishments. (C-18-0227)
H. Agreements with the following for the care and maintenance of abandoned and neglected cemeteries. The cost to the County is $50 per mowing not to exceed $200 per year per contract. 1. Clark Liesveld - Deitz Cemetery (C-18-0224) 2. Terry Briley - Evangelical Cemetery (C-18-0225) 3. Dave Miller - Jordan Cemetery (C-18-0226)
I. Agreement with Lincoln Tree Service for the trimming, removal and general maintenance of trees at the abandoned and neglected cemeteries as listed in Attachment A. There is no cost to the County. (C-18-0223)
J. Licensing agreement with Swank Motion Pictures, Inc., for showing DVD movies at the Youth Services Center. The County will pay $449.10 for the license. Term of the agreement is July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019. (C-18-0214)
K. Interlocal agreement with Dixon County for the safekeeping, care and sustenance of preadjudicated juveniles at the Youth Services Center. Lancaster County will be reimbursed at the rate of $276 per juvenile per day. (C-18-0222)
L. Administrative Services Agreement Amendment and Plan Criteria Guidelines for Outsourcing Services with Prudential Retirement Insurance and Annuity Company for the County's 457(b) Deferred Compensation Program (Plan ID No. 006372) for the purpose of adding a contribution accelerator, effective June 1, 2018. (C-18-0212)
M. Change Order No. 002 to County Contract C-18-0011 (Bid No. 17-282) with MECO-HENNE Contracting, Inc., for relocation of Lancaster County Emergency Management. The Change Order decreases the contract amount by $1,573 for a new contract sum of $1,154,969. (C-18-0217)
N. Resolution authorizing installation of a traffic control device in Lancaster County. (R-18-0029)
O. Recommendation from the Purchasing Department and the County Engineer to award a contract to Yost Excavating, Inc., for culvert maintenance (Project No. 18-05). The cost to the County is $611,915.82. (B-18-0106)
P. Contract with Vulcan Signs (Vulcan Inc.), using City of Lincoln Contract No. 17-062, to provide Traffic Control and Custom Signs. Term of the contract is upon execution through March 20, 2019. Pricing will be pursuant to the City's contract. Cost to County is not to exceed $45,000. (C-18-0213)
Q. Agreement with Constructors, Inc., on behalf of the Lancaster County Engineer, to provide asphalt paving and resurfacing for Project 18-01 (Bid No. 18-081). The cost to the County is not to exceed $4,571,818.89. (C-18-0220)
R. Agreement with the State of Nebraska, Department of Transportation, to establish the terms upon which the State will assist the County in obtaining Federal approval and funds for a safety improvement project on Saltillo Road from South 27th Street to South 68th Street. The County's share of the total project cost is estimated to be $1,541,039. The agreement is effective upon execution by the State. (C-18-0218)
. Grant contract with the City of Lincoln (Lincoln Police Department) in the amount of $39,955 for the "Improved Community Response to Sexual Assault and Legal Advocacy (ICRLA) Relating to Protection Orders and Immigrants in Lancaster County" program. Funding is from the U.S. Department of Justice - Office on Violence Against Women, under the Violence Against Women Act (Grant #2017-WE-AX-0013). The contract period is October 1, 2017, through September 30, 2019. (C-18-0164)
T. Addendum to County Contract C-18-0164 with the City of Lincoln (Lincoln Police Department) for the "Improved Community Response to Sexual Assault and Legal Advocacy (ICRLA) Relating to Protection Orders and Immigrants in Lancaster County" program. The addendum replaces language in Section 19(a) and (b) of the contract as noted. (C-18-0216)
5) CONSENT ITEMS: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. Amendment to County Contract C-16-0010 with the Nebraska Secretary of State, Records Management Division, to provide microfilming imaging services. The amendment renews the agreement from April 1, 2018 through March 31, 2019. (C-18-0219) B. Right-of-way contract Mary and David Montague, No. 27th Street and Agnew Road, in the amount of $1,630. (C-18-0221) C. Records and Information Management's monthly report for April, 2018. D. Setting the following public hearings: 1. Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln) for the purpose of increasing appropriations for the Workers' Compensation Loss Fund, Mental Health Fund and Property Management Fund. 2. Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln) regarding a request to remove the restriction disallowing the sale of single cans and/or bottles of beer or malt liquor of less than 32 oz. for Shoemaker's South Truck Stop, 1200 Saltillo Road, Roca, NE (Liquor License D-043253)
6) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County business not on the agenda may do so at this time.
7) ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a staff meeting, including department budget hearings, on Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 8:30 a.m., in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold its next regular meeting on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). C. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold department budget hearings on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. or immediately following the Lancaster County Board of Commissioners regular meeting in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). D. County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or email@example.com. E. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live on LNKTV City. For the rebroadcast schedule visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: LNKTV). Meetings are also streamed live on LNKTV and can be viewed on YouTube (LNKTVcity).
1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Equalization meeting held on Tuesday, May 8, 2018.
2) ADDITIONS AND DEDUCTIONS TO THE TAX ASSESSMENT ROLLS:
3) PUBLIC HEARING: A. Motor Vehicle Tax Exemption Applications (See correlating item 4) First United Methodist Church House of Prayer Christian Church
4) ACTION ON MOTOR VEHICLE TAX EXEMPTION APPLICATIONS
5) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County Board of Equalization business not on the agenda may do so at this time.