1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, May 22, 2018.
B. Approval of the minutes of the Department Budget Meeting held on Tuesday, May 22, 2018.
2) CLAIMS: A. Approval of all claims processed through May 29, 2018.
3) SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS: A. Recognition of County Engineering employees for their performance at the 2018 Winter Maintenance Workshop - Pam Dingman, County Engineer
B. Region V Annual Report - Dave Merrill, Region V Services and C. J. Johnson, Region V Systems.
4) PUBLIC HEARING: A. Request to remove the restriction disallowing the sale of single cans and/or bottles of beer or malt liquor of less than 32 ounces for Shoemaker's South Truck Stop (Liquor License D-043253), 1200 Saltillo Road, Roca, Nebraska. (See correlating item 5A)
5) NEW BUSINESS: A. Resolution amending the recommendations for a Class E (Beer off sale only) and a Class K (Wine only) liquor license for Shoemaker's South Truck Stop, located at 1200 Saltillo Road, Roca, Nebraska. (R-18-0033)
B. Dissolution of the Clarendon Hills Road Improvement District, Lancaster County, Nebraska. (R-18-0034)
C. Resolution authorizing use of the County Visitors Improvement Fund for Visitor Promotion, in the amount of $170,000 for the period of January, 2018 through April, 2018. (R-18-0035)
D. Special designated license application from Seward Grocery, LLC d/b/a Pac N Save, for a wedding reception to be held at Prairie Creek Inn, 2400 South 148th Street, Walton, Nebraska on June 30, 2018.
E. Special designated license application from Meier's Wine, Inc., for a reception to be held at Prairie Creek Inn, 2400 South 148th Street, Walton, Nebraska on June 16, 2018.
F. Agreement between the University of Nebraska on behalf of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Police Department and Lancaster County on behalf of the Lancaster County Sheriff's Office to provide public safety employees for University events on an as needed basis. The University will reimburse the County at the average overtime rate based on the hourly rate of the employee. The term of the agreement is July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019 and it will automatically renew for the succeeding year until terminated. (C-18-0250)
G. Agreement with the City of Lincoln d/b/a Lincoln Electric System to provide the Lancaster County Sheriff's Office access to Lincoln Electric System's live video monitoring system in exigent circumstances to ensure the safety and security of the public. There is no cost to the County. (C-18-0251)
H. Agreement between Correct Care Solutions, LLC and Lancaster County on behalf of the Lancaster County Youth Services Center, for correctional healthcare services. Term of the agreement is June 1, 2018 to May 31, 2022. The County shall pay up to an estimated $1,047,700 for the services provided over the four-year term. (C-18-0252)
I. Recommendation from the Purchasing Department and the County Engineer to award a purchase order to Murphy Tractor and Equipment for a skid steer loader (Bid No. 18-113). The total amount is $49,665.94. (C-18-0247)
J. Recommendation from the Purchasing Department and the County Engineer to award a purchase order to Murphy Tractor and Equipment for a compact track loader (Bid No. 18-114). The total amount is $60,430.54. (C-18-0248)
K. Accessory building agreement with Timothy and Linda Aschoff for property generally located at 1950 SW 112th Street. (C-18-0253)
L. Reappointment of Amy Dickerson to the Lancaster County Visitors Promotion Committee for a term commencing July 1, 2018 and ending June 30, 2022.
M. Reappointment of Gloria Aron, Keith Neil Larsen and Harold Simpson to the Aging Partners Areawide Advisory Council, with all terms ending June 30, 2021.
6) CONSENT ITEMS: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. Second amendment to County Contract C-17-0241 with JEO to add additional plan preparation services related to structure H-119. The cost to the County for the additional services is $7,000. (C-18-0254) B. Amendment to County Contract C-10-0374 with the State of Nebraska, Department of Education for the National School Lunch Program and related programs at the Lancaster County Youth Services Center. (C-18-0255) C. Amendments to the following contracts for the annual service of weed abatement and mowing (Bid No. 15-080). The amendments renew the contracts for an additional one-year term beginning June 23, 2018 through June 22, 2019. The cost to the County for all contracts is not to exceed $45,000. 1. C-15-0303 with Beatrice Lawn Care, Inc. (C-18-0242) 2. C-15-0304 with Gary's Lawn & Landscape (C-18-0243) 3. C-15-0305 with Lee's Lawn Maintenance (C-18-0244) 4. C-15-0306 with Mr. Yards and More, LLC (C-18-0245) D. Utility Permit No. 1673 allowing Windstream Nebraska, LLC, to install new fiber optic cable from South 54th Street to Roca Road, then east adjacent to Roca Road and South 64th Street. There is no cost to the County. (C-18-0233)
7) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County business not on the agenda may do so at this time.
8) ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold department budget hearings on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. or immediately following the Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a staff meeting including department budget hearings on Thursday, May 31, 2018 at 8:30 a.m., in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). C. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold its next regular meeting on Tuesday, June 5, 2018 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). D. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold department budget hearings on Tuesday, June 5, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. or immediately following the Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). E. County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or email@example.com. F. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live on LNKTV City. For the rebroadcast schedule visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: LNKTV). Meetings are also streamed live on LNKTV and can be viewed on YouTube (LNKTVcity).