1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, May 29, 2018.
B. Approval of the minutes of the Department Budget Meeting held on Tuesday, May 29, 2018.
2) CLAIMS: A. Approval of all claims processed through June 5, 2018.
3) NEW BUSINESS: A. Special designated license application from Ken's Liquor, Inc., for a wedding reception to be held at Hillside Event Center, 12400 West Denton Road, Denton, Nebraska on June 23, 2018.
B. Resolution in the matter of the emergency closure of Bridge R-210. (R-18-0036)
C. Resolution authorizing a reduction of the posted speed limit on Saltillo Road and the installation of the corresponding traffic control devices in Lancaster County. (R-18-0037)
D. Contract with TruGreen L.P. (TruGreen) to provide the annual service of weed control and fertilization services to County Corrections (Quote No. 5866). The contract will be effective upon execution by all parties. The cost to the County is not to exceed $4,842.00. (C-18-0260)
E. Recommendation from the Purchasing Department to award and execute a contract to All Makes Office Equipment of Lincoln, encompass (encompass Corporation) and Office Interiors for office seating (Bid No. 18-117). The estimated combined total amount for the County, City and Public Building Commission is $80,000. (B-18-0117)
F. Agreement with Yost Excavating, Inc. for Project 18-05, Phase II of the 2018 Culvert Maintenance Project. The anticipated completion date is October 26, 2018. The cost to the County is $611,915.82. (C-18-0261)
G. Professional services contract with JEO Consulting to develop a continuity of operations plan and a hazard vulnerability assessment for various Lancaster County buildings. The anticipated completion date is March 30, 2019. The cost to the County is $22,215. (C-18-0259)
H. Interlocal agreement with the Lower Platte South Natural Resources District and the City of Lincoln to provide for Project Number 4 of the South Salt Creek Watershed Master Plan. (C-18-0262)
I. Work/Financial Plan between Lancaster County and the United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service Wildlife Services (APHIS-WS) for management of damage or damage threats caused by wild or feral mammals. The agreement period is July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019. The cost to the County is not to exceed $7,500. (C-18-0263)
J. Reappointment of Stan Breeder and Brad Roth to the Lancaster County Indigent Defense Advisory Committee for terms commencing May 20, 2018 and lasting three years.
4) CONSENT ITEMS: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. First amendment to County Contract C-17-0160 with JEO Consulting to add additional environmental permitting services related to the replacement of Bridge N-19. The cost to the County for the additional services is $6,000. (C-18-0264) B. Contract with Maxwell Products, Inc., to provide the annual service of polypatch applicator rental and mastic pave patch (Bid No. 18-080). The contract will be effective upon execution by all parties. The cost to the County is not to exceed $33,100. (C-18-0258) C. Amendments to the following contracts: 1. C-17-0033 with Murphy Tractor & Equipment for skid steer loader rental. The amendment increases the cost and per hour charge and renews the contract from May 22, 2018 through May 21, 2019. The estimated cost to the County is not to exceed $5,500. (C-18-0256) 2. C-18-0659 with High Plains Enterprises, Inc., for Project No. 17-09; Concrete Box Culverts F-225, G-111 and G-144 (Bid No. 17-166). The amendment revises the final completion date on Concrete Box Culvert F-225 to June 8, 2018. (C-18-0257) D. Right-of-way contracts with the following: 1. Marlan and Mary E. Johnson, North 176th Street and Bluff Road, in the amount of $2,667. (C-18-0265) 2. Larry L. Agna and Rex A. Behrens, South 90th Street and Hickman Road, in the amount of $1,185. (C-18-0266) 3. Larry L. Agna and Rex A. Behrens, South 96th Street and Hickman Road, in the total amount of $866. (2 contracts) (C-18-0267) (C-18-0268) E. Utility Permit No. 1664 allowing Alfred Benesch and Company to take soil samples at various locations adjacent to Saltillo Road and Rokeby Road. There is no cost to the County. (C-18-0249) F. Receive and place on file the County Clerk's report for May 2018.
5) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County business not on the agenda may do so at this time.
6) ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold department budget hearings on Tuesday, June 5, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. or immediately following the Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will not hold a staff meeting on Thursday, June 7, 2018 at 8:30 a.m., due to their attendance at the Nebraska Association of County Officials (NACO) workshop in Kearney, Nebraska. C. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold its next regular meeting on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln) with the Board of Equalization immediately following. D. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold department budget hearings on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. or immediately following the Lancaster County Board of Equalization meeting in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). E. County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or firstname.lastname@example.org. F. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live on LNKTV City. For the rebroadcast schedule visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: LNKTV). Meetings are also streamed live on LNKTV and can be viewed on YouTube (LNKTVcity).