1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, June 5, 2018.
B. Approval of the minutes of the Department Budget Meeting held on Tuesday, June 5, 2018.
2) CLAIMS: A. Approval of all claims processed through June 12, 2018.
3) SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS: A. Recognition of the County-City Building art exhibit - Helen Dolan
B. Lancaster County Juvenile Services Comprehensive Plan July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2021 - Sara Hoyle, Human Services Director (See correlating item 4A)
4) NEW BUSINESS: A. Lancaster County Juvenile Services Comprehensive Plan July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2021.
B. Resolution in the matter of transferring appropriations from the General Fund Miscellaneous Budget to various General Fund Agencies. The amount to be transferred is $707,406. (R-18-0038)
C. Resolution in the matter of adopting a policy governing the expenditure of public funds for payment of reimbursement of actual and necessary expenses incurred by county elected officials, appointed officials, employees and volunteers. (R-18-0039)
D. Sales quotation from Seiler for annual technical support, software maintenance and warranty for the County Engineer's Trimble software and hardware. The cost to the County is $6,615. (C-18-0277)
E. Agreement with the State of Nebraska, Department of Transportation, to establish the terms upon which the State will assist the County in obtaining Federal approval and Surface Transportation Program Funds for certain County bridges. The County's share of the total project cost is estimated to be $414.37. The agreement is effective upon execution by the State. (C-18-0278)
F. Right of Entry and Maintenance Agreement with Nebraska Game and Parks Commission for the removal and reinstallation of two drainage culverts in the Wagon Train State Recreation Area and Wildlife Management Area. There is no cost to the County. (C-18-0279)
G. Contracts with the following to provide business card and letterhead printing (Bid No. 18-082). Terms of the contracts are one year from the date of execution with the option to renew for three additional one-year terms. 1. Cornhusker State Industries in the amount not to exceed $4,000.00. (C-18-0271) 2. Firespring in the amount not to exceed $3,500.00. (C-18-0272)
5) CONSENT ITEMS: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. Amendments to the following contracts for the annual services of tires, tubes, and tire repair services (Bid No. 18-003). The amendments add additional services per Attachment A. The cost to the County will not increase due to the additional services: 1. C-18-0105 with Cross-Dillon Tire (C-18-0274) 2. C-18-0106 Heartland Tires and Treads (C-18-0275) B. Right-of-way contracts with the following: 1. Alan L. and Laurel D. Baade, South 120th Street and Hickman Road, in the amount of $307.00. (C-18-0280) 2. Alan L. and Laurel D. Baade, South 96th Street and Hickman Road, in the amount of $559.00. (C-18-0281) 3. Ron E. and Amber Null, South 96th Street and Hickman Road, in the amount of $2,615.00. (C-18-0282) C. Utility Permits with the following: 1. No. 1676 allowing Olsson Associates to conduct soil borings at three different locations adjacent to 94th and A Streets. There is no cost to the County. (C-18-0269) 2. No. 1674 allowing Centurylink Communications to install underground fiber optic cable from the Village of Roca adjacent to Roca Road to approximately South 64th Street. There is no cost the County. (C-18-0270) 3. No. 1611 allowing the City of Lincoln to install new sanitary sewer off 120th and A Streets to approximately South 98th and Van Dorn Streets. There is no cost to the County. (C-18-0276) D. Receive and place on file the following reports for May, 2018: 1. Assessor/Register of Deeds 2. Clerk of the District Court
6) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County business not on the agenda may do so at this time.
7) ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold department budget hearings on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. or immediately following the Lancaster County Board of Equalization meeting in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a staff meeting including department budget hearings on Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 8:30 a.m., in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). C. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold its next regular meeting on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). D. County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or firstname.lastname@example.org. E. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live on LNKTV City. For the rebroadcast schedule visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: LNKTV). Meetings are also streamed live on LNKTV and can be viewed on YouTube (LNKTVcity).
1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Equalization meeting held on Tuesday, May 15, 2018.
2) ADDITIONS AND DEDUCTIONS TO THE TAX ASSESSMENT ROLLS:
3) NOTICE OF TAXABLE STATUS A. City of Lincoln
4) PUBLIC HEARING: A. Motor Vehicle Tax Exemption Applications (See correlating item 5) College View Academy Resources for Human Development Indian Hills Community Church Second Baptist Church Peoples City Mission Southern Heights Presbyterian Church Radiant Church St. John the Apostle School
5) ACTION ON MOTOR VEHICLE TAX EXEMPTION APPLICATIONS
6) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County Board of Equalization business not on the agenda may do so at this time.