1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, June 19, 2018.
2) CLAIMS: A. Approval of all claims processed through June 26, 2018.
3) UNFINISHED BUSINESS: A. Appointment of Patrick J. Stanosheck to the Lancaster County Veterans Service Committee for a five-year term commencing July 1, 2018 and ending June 30, 2023.
4) NEW BUSINESS: A. Amusement license application from Barb Brockley d/b/a Community Crops to hold a fundraiser on August 25, 2018 from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., at 3130 N. 112th Street, Lincoln, NE.
B. Recommendation from the Purchasing Agent to award a contract for CJIS consultant services, (RFP 5853) to MTG Management Consultants. The estimated contract amount is $54,245. (B-18-5853)
C. Agreement with Lincoln Literacy Council to conduct on-site English language and literacy classes for Lancaster County Corrections inmates. The County will pay up to $10,350 for the services. Term of the contract is August 1, 2018 through July 31, 2019. (C-18-0319)
D. Agreement with the Nebraska Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired for the Lancaster County Records Management Department to serve as a training site. Term of the agreement is June 4, 2018 through August 31, 2018. (C-18-0320)
E. Agreement between Christopher Jobman, to provide psychoeducational class instruction to participants of Lancaster County’s Pretrial Diversion program through Lancaster County Community Corrections. The County shall pay $20 per hour, not to exceed 20 hours per week, for the services provided. Term of the agreement is July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019. (C-18-0321)
F. Agreement between Patricia Klaumann and Lancaster County, on behalf of the Lancaster County Department of Community Corrections, to provide Safety Training Option Program (STOP) instruction to participants eligible to participate in the Lancaster County Traffic Diversion program. The County shall pay $100 per STOP class instructed. Term of the contract is July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019. (C-18-0322)
G. Agreement between Sandra Findley and Lancaster County, on behalf of the Lancaster County Department of Community Corrections, to provide substance abuse treatment to participants in Pretrial Release and Adult Drug Court. The County shall pay $45 per hour, not to exceed eight hours per week, for the services provided. The total amount paid under this contract shall not exceed $17,280. Term of the contract is July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019. (C-18-0345)
H. Space rental agreement with Cornhusker Bank and for the County's Legislative Retreat on September 6, 2018. (C-18-0323)
I. Agreement with High Plains Enterprises, Inc., for the maintenance of certain County roads that suffer wear and tear as a result of extraction of soil, sand, and gravel pursuant to Special Permit No. 17043. There is no cost to the County. (C-18-0324)
J. Change Order to County Contract C-18-0220 with Constructors, Inc. for an additional resurfacing location for Project 18-01 for an increase of $172,966.49. (C-18-0325)
K. Change Order to County Contract C-18-0199 with Tim Sisco Construction, LLC for an additional culvert replacement site and portable restroom facilities for Project 18-03 for an increase of $34,156.50. (C-18-0326)
L. Unit Price Quotations from Gana Trucking and Excavating, pursuant to County Contract B-16-0055 (Bid No. 16-292), in the total amount of $191,350 for culvert clean-outs for Regions 1, 2, 3 and 4 for County Engineering. The individual region request amounts exceed the $20,000 purchasing threshold. (Region 1 - $47,600; Region 2 - $48,600; Region 3 - $47,575; Region 4 - $47,575)
M. Unit Price Quotations from American Fence Company, pursuant to County Contract C-17-0046 (Bid No. 16-280), in the total amount of $44,203.25 for the supply and installation of fence and gates at Davey and SW 100th Street and Saltillo Road for County Engineering. The amount exceeds the $20,000 purchasing threshold.
N. Unit Price Quotation from Overhead Door Company of Lincoln, pursuant to County Contract C-17-0021 (Bid No. 16-289), in the amount of $37,505.39 for the supply and installation of overhead doors for the main for the County Engineering Shop. The amount exceeds the $20,000 purchasing threshold.
O. Purchase Order with 81 Trailer Sales to provide two (2) 32’ flatbed tandem axle gooseneck trailers. The pricing will be pursuant to State of Nebraska Purchase Order Number 827873 OP. The cost to the County is $31,900. (C-18-0348)
P. Purchase Order with Kraftsman, Inc., to provide one (1) triple axle tilt bed trailers. The pricing will be pursuant to the State of Nebraska Contract No. 14062 OC. The cost to the County is $31,500. (C-18-0349)
Q. Acceptance of State Grant Award 18-CB-0525 from the Nebraska Commission on Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice in the amount of $893,634 for Lancaster County Community Aid for the period of July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019. (C-18-0336)
R. Grant contracts funded by the Joint Budget Committee for the period of July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019 with the following: 1. Fresh Start in the amount of $12,500 for the Transitional Shelter program. (C-18-0327) 2. Houses of Hope in the amount of $40,000 for the Halfway House program. (C-18-0328) 3. Matt Talbot Kitchen and Outreach in the amount of $12,500 for the Hunger Relief program. (C-18-0329) 4. Good Neighbor Community Center in the amount of $10,000 for the Basic Needs program. (C-18-0334) 5. Good Neighbor Community Center in the amount of $75,000 for the Food Pantry & Perishable Foods program. (C-18-0335) 6. Cause Collective in the amount of $5,000 for the Case Management program. (C-18-0347) 7. League of Human Dignity in the amount of $50,000 for the Center for Independent Living and Barrier Removal programs. (C-18-0350)
S. Grant contracts funded by the Juvenile Justice Prevention Funds for the period of July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019 with the following: 1. Friendship Home in the amount of $15,000 for the Emergency Shelter: Children’s Advocacy program. (C-18-0330) 2. The HUB Central Access Point for Young Adults in the amount of $20,000 for the Back on Track program. (C-18-0331) 3. Rabble Mill in the amount of $38,000 for the All-Access Pass program. (C-18-0332) 4. Girl Scouts Spirit of Nebraska in the amount of $8,500 for the Juvenile Justice Outreach program. (C-18-0333) 5. Youth for Christ in the amount of $10,000 for the Parent Life program. (C-18-0346)
5) CONSENT ITEMS: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. Right-of-way contracts with the following: 1. Dennis L. Buel and Malinda J. Buel, South 90th Street and Hickman Road, in the amount of $1,252. (C-18-0337) 2. Bradley A. Yost, Southwest 140th Street and West Sprague Road, in the amount of $496. (C-18-0338) 3. Jeannie Morehart, South 96th Street and Hickman Road, in the amount of $181. (C-18-0339) 4. Betty S. Moormeier Revocable Trust, South 46th Street and Roca Road, in the amount of $496. (C-18-0340) 5. Lennie C. Hoover, South 46th Street and Roca Road, in the amount of $1,405. (C-18-0341) 6. Gary Godkin, North 27th Street and Agnew Road, in the amount of $1,189. (C-18-0342) 7. Frances Ann Sieck Life Estate, Southwest 100th Street and West Wittstruck Road, in the total amount of $2,183. (2 contracts) (C-18-0343) (C-18-0344)
6) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County business not on the agenda may do so at this time.
7) ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a staff meeting on Thursday, June 28, 2018 at 8:30 a.m., in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold its next regular meeting on Tuesday, July 2, 2018 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). C. County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or email@example.com. D. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live on LNKTV City. For the rebroadcast schedule visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: LNKTV). Meetings are also streamed live on LNKTV and can be viewed on YouTube (LNKTVcity).
8) ADJOURNMENT Meeting went into Executive Session - Potential Litigation