1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, June 26, 2018.
2) CLAIMS: A. Approval of all claims processed through July 3, 2018.
3) SPECIAL PRESENTATION: B. Introduction of Angelina Stovall-Amos, nominee for appointment to the Lancaster County Extension Board - Karen Wobig, Unit Leader/Department Head, Nebraska Extension in Lancaster County (See correlating item 4A)
4) NEW BUSINESS: A. Appointment of Angelina Stovall-Amos to the Lancaster County Extension Board to replace Shar Sieck, who resigned effective April 13, 2018, with a term ending December 31, 2020.
B. Resolution in the matter of the emergency closure of Bridges E-171, M-164, W-174, and X-129. (R-18-0041)
C. Contract with JJK Construction, LLC, on behalf of the County Engineer, for work on concrete box culvert E-117. The cost to the County is $265,582.58. Work is to be completed on or before November 1, 2018. (C-18-0354)
D. Recommendation from the Purchasing Agent and County Engineer to award a contract for concrete box culverts G-111 and G-144 (Bid 18-172) to TCW Construction. The total cost is $377,025.15. (B-18-0172)
E. Contract between Company Care, Lancaster County and the City of Lincoln for employee medical exams on an as needed basis. The cost to the County is $16,500. The term of the agreement is one year from the date of execution by all parties. (C-18-0356)
F. Recommendation from the Purchasing Agent and County Sheriff to award a purchase order for an unmanned aircraft system/drone (Bid 18-166) to Adorama, Inc. The total amount is $21,284.23. (C-18-0353)
G. Selective Overtime Enforcement Mini-Grant Contract Application and Award in the amount of $4,700 from the Nebraska Department of Transportation Highway Safety Office for the Lancaster County Sheriff's Office. (C-18-0357)
H. Interlocal agreements for mutual law enforcement aid and assistance during emergency occasions with the Counties of Cass, Gage, Johnson, Otoe and Saline. Agreements are effective upon execution and shall remain in effect until terminated. 1. Cass County (C-18-0358) 2. Gage County (C-18-0359) 3. Johnson County (C-18-0360) 4. Otoe County (C-18-0361) 5. Saline County (C-18-0362)
I. Interlocal agreement with the Nebraska Administrative Office of Probation for the establishment of a Veteran's Treatment Court in Lancaster County. Term of the agreement is July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2022. (C-18-0363)
J. Interlocal agreement with the State of Nebraska Probation Administration for two probation officers to provide additional presentence investigation report services to decrease the time needed to complete presentence investigations of inmates housed by the Lancaster County Corrections Department. The County will pay up to $63,430 for the services. The term of the agreement is July 1, 2018 through July 30, 2019. (C-18-0364)
K. Lease agreement with Dean Smith to lease real property owned by the County as described in the agreement. Lessee will pay the County $2,088. The term of the lease is from January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018. (C-18-0365)
L. Agreement with Bluestem Health to provide primary medical care and related healthcare services for General Assistance clients. Compensation shall not exceed $368,107 in any fiscal year. The term of the contract is July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2020. (C-18-0366)
M. Grant contracts funded by the Joint Budget Committee for the period of July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019 with the following: 1. Community Action Partnership of Lancaster and Saunders Counties in the amount of $127,092 for the Basic and Emergency Needs program. (C-18-0367) 2. Peoples City Mission in the amount of $40,000 for the Family Shelter program. (C-18-0368)
N. Grant contracts funded by the Juvenile Justice Prevention Funds for the period of July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019 with the following: 1. YWCA of Lincoln in the amount of $15,000 for the Girls Circle program. (C-18-0369) 2. YWCA of Lincoln in the amount of $30,000 for the Mother-Daughter Circle program. (C-18-0370)
O. Amendment to the Trust Agreement establishing the Lancaster County, Nebraska Employees Retirement Plan Trust between Lancaster County and Prudential Bank & Trust, FSB, adding Group Annuity Contract GA-64158 to Exhibit A, Schedule of Trust Assets, effective July 17, 2018. (C-18-0318)
P. Amendment to the Trust Agreement establishing the Lancaster County, Nebraska 457 Deferred Compensation Plan Trust between Lancaster County and Prudential Bank & Trust, FSB, adding Group Annuity Contract GA-64158 to Exhibit A, Schedule of Trust Assets, effective July 17, 2018. (C-18-0371)
Q. Authorizing Kerry Eagan, Chief Administrative Officer to the Lancaster County Board of Commissioners, to sign the letter from Prudential Retirement Insurance and Annuity Company, dated June 4, 2018, confirming Lancaster County's acceptance of the terms in connection with Lancaster County's request to transfer Gibraltar Fund Assets to the Prudential Stable Value Fund for the Lancaster County, Nebraska Employees Retirement Plan (Plan 006371) and the 457 Deferred Compensation Plan (Plan 006372)
R. Collective Trust Adoption Agreement with Prudential Trust Company for the Lancaster County, Nebraska Employees Retirement Plan and the 457 Deferred Compensation Plan. (C-18-0372)
S. Authorizing Kerry Eagan, Chief Administrative Officer to the Lancaster County Board of Commissioners, to sign the letter from Prudential Bank & Trust, FSB, dated June 22, 2018, affirming the County has authorized Prudential Bank & Trust, FSB, as the trustee for the Lancaster County, Nebraska Employees Retirement Plan and the Lancaster County, Nebraska 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, to take all actions necessary to apply for and enter into a Group Annuity Contract with its affiliate.
5) CONSENT ITEMS: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. Amendments to the following contracts for Annual Services - Used Oil Collection Services (Quote No. 5371). The amendments renew the contracts for an additional one (1) year term beginning July 12, 2018 through July 11, 2019. The cost to the County shall not exceed $2,500 for all contracts. 1. County Contract C-16-0350 with Jebro Incorporated (C-18-0351) 2. County Contract C-16-0349 with TSO (C-18-0352) B. Amendment to County Contract C-17-0541 with Voices of Hope for the Coordinated Response to Reducing Violence program. The amendment extends the contract for one (1) month beginning June 1, 2018 through June 30, 2018. (C-18-0375) C. Right-of-way contracts with the following: 1. Mildred J. Svoboda Trust, Southwest 100th Street and West Wittstruck Road, in the amount of $433. (C-18-0376) 2. Steven D. and Sue A. Schuelke, North 180th Street and Alvo Road, in the amount of $3,492. (C-18-0377) 3. Gary L. and Lilo Johnson, North 180th Street and Alvo Road, in the amount of $1,855. (C-18-0378)
6) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County business not on the agenda may do so at this time.
7) ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a staff meeting on Thursday, July 5, 2018 at 10:00 a.m., in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold its next regular meeting on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln) with the Lancaster County Board of Equalization meeting immediately following. C. County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or firstname.lastname@example.org. D. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live on LNKTV City. For the rebroadcast schedule visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: LNKTV). Meetings are also streamed live on LNKTV and can be viewed on YouTube (LNKTVcity).