1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, July 3, 2018.
2) CLAIMS: A. Approval of all claims processed through July 10, 2018.
3) SPECIAL PRESENTATION: A. Recognition of the services performed by Hunter Cherrington for the Lancaster County Records & Information Management Department through the Work and Gain Experience in the Summer (WAGES) program of the Nebraska Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired – Brian Pillard, Records & Information Manager; and Shane Buresh, Nebraska Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired
4) NEW BUSINESS: A. Resolution in the matter of witness fees paid by Lancaster County which have remained unclaimed for six months or more. (R-18-0042)
B. Resolution in the matter of the emergency closure of Bridge E-117. (R-18-0043)
C. Contract with JJK Construction, LLC on behalf of the Lancaster County Engineer for scour repair at Bridge H-119. The cost to the County is $334,496.28. Work is to be completed on or before August 1, 2018. (C-18-0373)
D. Change Order to County Contract C-18-0261 – Yost Excavating, Inc. for a value engineering study to use steel headwall in place of concrete headwalls, cost savings in material costs, and a reduction in number of days the road is closed thereby reducing sign and barricade costs by a minimum of three days per site for Project 18-05 for a decrease of $10,668.63. (C-18-0395)
E. Agreement with Kissel, Kohout, ES Associates, LLC for legislative services. The term of the agreement is November 1, 2018 through October 31, 2020. The County will pay $63,000 for each year of the agreement. (C-18-0374)
F. Cooperative Service Agreement with the United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service – Wildlife Services for assistance in facilitating wildlife damage management. Per C-18-0263, The County will pay up to $7,500 per year for the services. The agreement is effective upon final signature and shall continue for five years. (C-18-0380)
G. Interlocal Agreement among Butler County, Cass County, Colfax County, Dodge County, Douglas County, Lancaster County, Platte County, Sarpy County, Saunders County and Seward County to create the Lower Platte Weed Management Area to address noxious and invasive plant problems in the Lower Platte River drainage area. (C-18-0381)
H. Contract with New Heights Tree Service for Unit Price – Tree Trimming & Removal Services, (Bid No. 18-066). The contract term is from July 20, 2018 through July 19, 2019. The cost to the County shall not exceed $15,000. (C-18-0382)
I. Agreement with Lincoln Orthopaedic for specialized medical care and assistance to general assistance clients. The provider will be reimbursed at the Medicaid rate. The agreement is effective upon execution and shall continue for five years. (C-18-0394)
J. Grant Contract and Addendum with the Human Services Federation in the amount of $3,425 for the Youth Thrive Trainings program. The contract is funded by the Nebraska Commission on Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Community-based Juvenile Services Aid State Grant (#17-CB-0529). Term of the grant contract is May 1, 2018, through June 30, 2018. (C-18-0383)
K. Grant contract with the People’s City Mission in the amount of $252,000 for housing, community resource allocation and coordination at the People’s City Mission’s Curtis Center for Sentence Conversion Program participants. Term of the grant contract is June 1, 2018 through October 1, 2020. (C-18-0384)
L. Grant contract with the Asian Community and Cultural Center in the amount of $4,225 for the New Americans Task Force program. The contract is funded by the Grants Fund for the period of May 1, 2018 through April 30, 2021. (C-18-0385)
M. Grant contracts funded by the Juvenile Justice Prevention Funds for the period of July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019 with the following: 1. Boys & Girls Clubs of Lincoln/Lancaster County in the amount of $27,900 for the Teen Outreach program. (C-18-0386) 2. The Mediation Center in the amount of $55,285 for the Restorative Justice Practices program. (C-18-0387)
N. Grant contracts funded by the Joint Budget Committee for the period of July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019 with the following: 1. CEDARS Youth Services in the amount of $295,858 for the Emergency Shelter and Crisis Stabilization programs. (C-18-0388) 2. Asian Community and Cultural Center in the amount of $10,000 for the Family Resource program. (C-18-0389) 3. Voices of Hope in the amount of $6,750 for the Crisis Intervention & Advocacy program. (C-18-0390)
5) CONSENT ITEMS: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. Right-of-way contracts with the following: 1. Samuel Kaplan, South 90th Street and Hickman Road, in the amount of $1,675. (C-18-0391) 2. Debra K. Lyford, South 96th Street and Hickman Road, in the amount of $505. (C-18-0392) 3. Mary S. and David R. Montague, North 27th Street and Agnew Road, in the amount of $1,189. (C-18-0393) B. Amendments to the following contracts: 1. County Contract C-15-0316 with Legal Aid of Nebraska for legal services. The amendment extends the term of the contract from July 1, 2018, through June 30, 2021, and inserts new language regarding how to calculate maximum caseloads for drug court cases. The cost to the County is $56,016 per month. (C-18-0396) 2. County Contract C-16-0438 with Transitworks for the County Engineer’s HPRTK Network Subscription. The amendment renews the contract for an additional two (2) year term beginning August 1, 2018 through July 31, 2020. (C-18-0397) 3. County Contract C-16-0041 with LanguageLinc for On-Site Interpreters, Interp-3. The amendment is for a price increase of approximately 5%, not to exceed $1,187.50, for the remainder of the contract term. The revised contract total for products/services to the County is not to exceed $61,187.50. (C-18-0355) 4. County Contract C-17-0831 with Soval Solutions, LLC for completion of a Gap/Needs/Capacity analysis for the behavioral health and crimination justice system. The contract will be increased $30,000 for the additional service. The revised total cost to the County is not to exceed $100,000. (C-18-0398) C. Utility Permit No. 1678 allowing Windstream Nebraska to install new fiber optic cable under South 68th Street from Roca Road to Wittstruck Road, from South 64th Street to South 68th Street along Roca Road and from South 54th Street to South 68th Street along Wittstruck Road. (C-18-0283) D. Receive and place on file the following reports for June, 2018: 1. Assessor/Register of Deeds 2. Clerk of the District Court 3. County Clerk 4. Records and Information Management 5. County Engineering
6) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County business not on the agenda may do so at this time.
7) ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a staff meeting on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 immediately following the Board of Equalization meeting in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a staff meeting on Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 8:30 a.m., in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). C. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold its next regular meeting on Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln) with the Lancaster County Board of Equalization meeting immediately following. D. County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or email@example.com. E. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live on LNKTV City. For the rebroadcast schedule visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: LNKTV). Meetings are also streamed live on LNKTV and can be viewed on YouTube (LNKTVcity).
1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Equalization meeting held on Tuesday, June 19, 2018.
2) NOTICE OF ASSESSED VALUATION CHANGE FOR PROPERTY TAXATION PURPOSES: A. Horsemens Benevolent & Protective Association Inc.
3) PUBLIC HEARING: A. Motor Vehicle Tax Exemption Applications (See correlating item 5) University of Nebraska Foundation St. Monica’s Home Trinity United Methodist Church American Red Cross Villa Marie School Connecting Pointe Church of the Nazanene Epona Horse Rescue The American Legion, Dept. of Nebraska Food Bank of Lincoln, Inc. Indian Hills Community Church
4) ACTION ON MOTOR VEHICLE TAX EXEMPTION APPLICATIONS
5) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County Board of Equalization business not on the agenda may do so at this time.