1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, July 25, 2017.
2) CLAIMS: A. Approval of all claims processed through August 1, 2017.
3) SPECIAL PRESENTATION: A. Lancaster County Visitors Improvement Fund Grant to the Lincoln Community Foundation for the Public Art Engagement Project - Lori Thomas, Director, Lincoln Partners for Public Art Development.
4) PUBLIC HEARING: A. Public hearing regarding an amusement license application from the Karen Cultural Committee of Lincoln to hold the 3rd Annual Karen National Don Dance Competition on August 12-13, 2017 at 5600 West Adams Street, Lincoln, Nebraska.
5) UNFINISHED BUSINESS: A. Software sharing agreement between the Nebraska State Patrol and Lancaster County at the request of the Lancaster County Sheriff's Office for use of MACH software. The cost to the County is $24 per user per year. Term of the agreement is one year from the date of execution. (C-17-0562)
5) UNFINISHED BUSINESS: B. Agreement with Joseph Higgins, Ph.D., for the provision of up to 320 hours per year of specialized psychological services for the Mental Health Crisis Center at the rate of $75 per hour.
C. Special designated license applications from Ken's Liquor, Inc. for the following events: 1. Reception at Roca Ridge, 5265 Prairie Sage Drive, Roca, on September 9, 2017. 2. Reception at Prairie Creek Inn, 2400 S 148th Street, Walton, on September 9, 2017.
D. Resolution in the matter of the 2017-2018 annual cost of living wage adjustments for unrepresented classified employees, Attorney I's and II's and Deputy Sheriff Captains. All wage adjustments are to be effective August 17, 2017.
E. Agreement between the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Forces (OCDETF) Program and Lancaster County at the request of the Lancaster County Sheriff to assist OCDETF in the Interdiction Initiative. The County shall be reimbursed up to $5,000 in overtime costs for work between July 1, 2017 through September 30, 2017. (C-17-0593)
F. Memorandum of understanding between the Fraternal Order of Police, Lodge #32 and the County of Lancaster, Nebraska to implement a six month pilot program governing the granting and denial of vacation leave, compensatory time and holiday leave. (C-17-0594)
G. Agreement with the University of Nebraska Board of Regents and the Lincoln Housing Authority for operation of the Nutrition Education Program to address the nutritional needs of certain limited income persons living in urban housing in Lancaster County. The County will pay up to $19,941 for the services provided by the University. The Housing Authority will pay $10,519 for services, combined with $10,825 from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. Term of the agreement is September 1, 2017 through August 31, 2018.
H. Recommendation from the Purchasing Department, Corrections and Youth Services to award a contract for the annual supply of correctional facility clothing and supplies to Bob Barker Company, Inc. and Uniforms Manufacturing, Inc. (UMI) (Bid No. 17-157). The estimated amount is $75,000 per year. (B-17-0157)
I. Amendments to the following contracts for the annual supply of tires, tubes and tire repair services (Bid No. 13-175). The amendment extends the contracts for an additional ninety-day term beginning August 1, 2017 through October 31, 2017. 1. County Contract C-13-0378 with Bauer Built Tire & Service, in an amount not to exceed $1,000. (C-17-0578) 2. County Contract C-17-0379 with Cross-Dillon Tire, in an amount not to exceed $20,000. (C-17-0579)
J. Amendment to County Contract C-15-0520 with Vigilnet American, LLC (using Johnson County, Kansas RFP 2014-118) for electronic monitoring equipment and services. The amendment renews the contract from April 1, 2017 through March 31, 2018. The estimated cost to the County is not to exceed $18,000. (C-17-0583)
K. Amendments to the following contracts for the annual requirements of equipment and accessory rental (Bid No. 14-137). The amendment renews the contracts for a three-year term from August 5, 2017 through August 4, 2020. The combined cost for all contracts is not to exceed $60,000 during this term. 1. County Contract C-14-0380 with Hamilton Equipment, Co. (C-17-0585) 2. County Contract C-14-0379 with NMC, Inc. (C-17-0586) 3. County Contract C-14-0378 with Sunbelt Rentals. (C-17-0587)
L. Amendment to County Contract C-15-0368 with Whelen Engineering Company (using WSCA-NASPO Master Agreement No. 81297) for LED emergency light bars, siren warning accessories and other related accessories. The amendment renews the contract from August 1, 2017 through July 31, 2018. The cost to the County is not to exceed $2,000. (C-17-0589)
M. Amendment to County Contract C-13-0495 with Datashield Corporation (using State of Nebraska Contract No. 56939 O4) for on-site secure document shredding. The amendment renews the contract from July 15, 2017 through July 14, 2018. The combined cost to the County and Lincoln-Lancaster County Public Building Commission shall not exceed $5,000. (C-17-0591)
N. Authorize Pam Dingman, Lancaster County Engineer, to sign the Annual Certification form for Lancaster County for the period of time from July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017, in accordance with Section 5 and 6 of the Federal-Aid Transportation Fund Purchase-Sale Agreement between the State of Nebraska Department of Roads and Lancaster County.
O. Resolution authorizing the Chair of the Board to sign an agreement with the Nebraska Department of Roads for consultant inspection and load re-rating on County fracture critical bridges (Project No. STP-NBIS (110)). The cost to the County under the agreement is estimated to be $10,263.96. (R-17-0057)
P. Contracts with the following medical providers for specialized medical care of General Assistance clients. Providers will be reimbursed at the Medicaid rate. Crossroads Physical Therapy, PC (C-17-0596) Nebraska Foot and Ankle, PC (C-17-0604) Husker Rehab and Wellness Center, PC (C-17-0597) Nebraska Neurosurgery Group (C-17-0605) Lincoln OB GYN, PC (C-17-0598) Pathology Medical Service (C-17-0606) Lincoln Orthopedic Physical Therapy (C-17-0599) Plastic Surgical Arts (C-17-0607) Lincoln P.T. & Sports Rehab (C-17-0600) David Samani, M.D. (C-17-0608) Lincoln Pulmonary & Critical Care (C-17-0601) South Lincoln Dermatology (C-17-0609) Lisa Mansur, M.D. (C-17-0602) Arthritis Center of Nebraska (C-17-0610) Fredrick Mausolf, M.D. (C-17-0603)
Q. Grant contract with CenterPointe in the amount of $323,930 for the following programs: Community Support ($147,930), Outpatient Counseling ($82,500), Medical Management ($52,250) and Day Rehabilitation ($41,250). The contract is funded by the Joint Budget Committee for the period of July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018.
R. Grant contract with CenterPointe in the amount of $10,000 for the Youth Crisis Line program. The contract is funded by the Nebraska Commission on Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Juvenile Services Aid State Grant #16-EB-607. The term of the grant contract is June 1, 2017 through June 30, 2017. (C-17-0590)
S. Grant contract with OMNI Behavioral Health in the amount of $26,297 for the In-Home Family Therapy program. The contract is funded by the Joint Budget Committee for the period of July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018. (C-17-0580)
T. Grant contract with Bright Lights in the amount of $7,500 for the Summer Learning Adventures program. The contract is funded by Juvenile Justice Prevention Funds for the period of July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018. (C-17-0581)
U. Grant contract with Peoples City Mission in the amount of $35,000 for the Family Shelter program. The contract is funded by Joint Budget Committee for the period of July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018. (C-17-0582)
V. Grant contract with The Bay in the amount of $45,000 for general operations of The Bay. The contract is funded by Juvenile Justice Prevention Funds for the period of July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018. (C-17-0588)
7) CONSENT ITEMS: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. Utility Permit No. 1571 allowing Windstream Nebraska, Inc., to relocate existing facilities in conflict with County Bridge Replacement Project 17-09 (G-144). There is no cost to the County. (C-17-0584) B. Right-of-way contracts between Lancaster County and the following: 1. Lower Platte South Natural Resources District (LPSNRD), North 1st Street and Raymond Road, in the amount of $1,903.50. (C-17-0611) 2. Douglas W. Althouse, North 148th Street and Alvo Road, in the amount of $1,135. (C-17-0612) C. Receive and place on file the County Treasurer's mid-term report of 2015 distress warrants.
8) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County business not on the agenda may do so at this time.
9) ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a staff meeting Thursday, August 3, 2017 at 8:30 a.m., in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S 10th Street, Lincoln). B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold their next regular meeting on Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). C. The County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or email@example.com. D. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live. It is rebroadcast on Tuesdays (1:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.), Wednesdays (12:00 a.m. midnight) and Saturdays (3:30 p.m.) on 5 City-TV, Cable Channel 5. In addition, the meeting may be viewed on the internet at lancaster.ne.gov under 5 City-TV, Video on Demand or 5 City-TV on YouTube.