1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, July 24, 2018.
2) CLAIMS: A. Approval of all claims processed through July 31, 2018.
3) NEW BUSINESS: A. Special designated license application from Nebraska Restaurant Association, for a golf outing at Hillcrest Country Club, 9401 O Street, Lincoln, on Monday, September 10, 2018.
B. Resolution authorizing the installation of traffic control devices in Lancaster County. (R-18-0046)
C. Agreement with the State of Nebraska Department of Roads for the provision of transportation services for the Lancaster County Public Rural Transit Program. Term of the agreement is July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019, which is the fiscal year of the grants' entire period of performance. Funding is from the Federal Funding for Public Transportation Operating Assistance program and the State of Nebraska Department of Roads. The cost to the County shall be remaining eligible costs not paid by Federal and State funds and shall not exceed $17,972. (C-18-0445)
D. Memorandum of Understanding with United States Marshal Services for reimbursement of all costs pertaining to overtime as it pertains to the Sex Offender Compliance Initiative - "Lancaster County Fall Operation". The term of the contract ends August 22, 2018. If the work is compensated, Lancaster County must submit within 30 days after. Funds are capped at: Overtime - $1,920 and Equipment - $4,820. (C-18-0444)
E. Interlocal agreements for mutual law enforcement aid and assistance during emergency occasions with the Counties of Saunders and Seward. The agreements are effective upon execution and shall remain in effect until terminated. (C-18-0451) (C-18-0452)
F. Agreement with Men With Dreams to provide a community building, relationship, and accountability curriculum to juveniles housed at the Youth Services Center. The term of the agreement is August 1, 2018 through September 30, 2018. There is no cost to the County. (C-18-0447)
G. Agreement with Child Guidance Center for internal case management services at the Youth Services Center. The County will pay up to $73,692.38 for the services. The term of the agreement is July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019. (C-18-0448)
H. Change Order #3 to County Contract C-18-0151 with Meco Henne Contracting, Inc. to add a fire damper for Project 17-282 for an increase of $1,176.00. (C-18-0446)
I. Recommendation from the Purchasing Agent and County Engineer to award a contract for fuel tank maintenance and service (Bid No. 18-185) to Dr. Fuel Good. The estimated amount is $20,000. (B-18-0185)
J. Third Amendment to County Contract C-17-0463 with TCW Construction, Inc., for replacement of structures H-128, H-130 and J-143. The amendment extends the completion date for work on structure J-143 from June 1, 2018 to October 1, 2018. (C-18-0449)
K. Memorandum of Understanding with Sid Tool Co Inc., dba MSC Industrial Supply Co Inc., using NASPO ValuePoint 8499 - State of Oregon, Participating Addendum - State of NE 15003 OC to provide Facilities Maintenance and Repair & Operations (MRO) and industrial supplies. The term of the contract is from July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019. Pricing will be pursuant to the NASPO ValuePoint 8499 - State of Oregon's contract. Cost to County is not to exceed $2,000. (C-18-0443)
L. Grant Adjustment Notification (GAN) on the 2017-18 Emergency Management Performance Grant (EMPG) reallocation request.
4) CONSENT ITEMS: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. Amendments to the following contracts: 1. County Contract C-14-0422 with Fish Window Company for annual requirements of window cleaning services (Bid No. 14-155). The amendment renews the contract from August 28, 2018 through August 27, 2019. The cost to County is not to exceed $3,500. (C-18-0450) 2. County Contract C-15-0380 with National Everything Wholesale for janitorial and sanitation supplies, equipment and related services using the City of Tucson, AZ Contract No. 151148. The amendment renews the contract from August 2, 2018 through August 1, 2019. The cost to County is not to exceed $225,000. (C-18-0439) 3. County Contract C-15-0381 with Murphy Tractor & Equipment Company for the annual supply of John Deere filters (SS-26). The amendment renews the contract from August 24, 2018 through August 23, 2019. The cost to County is not to exceed $25,000. (C-18-0440) 4. County Contract C-16-0405 with CleanMax for unit price carpet cleaning (Bid No. 16-140). The amendment renews the contract from August 9, 2018 through August 8, 2019. The cost to County is not to exceed $10,000 for all contracts. (C-18-0441) 5. County Contract C-16-0406 with FBG Service Corporation for unit price carpet cleaning (Bid No. 16-140). The amendment renews the contract from August 9, 2018 through August 8, 2019. The cost to County is not to exceed $10,000 for all contracts. (C-18-0442) B. Receive and placed on file the following: 1. County Treasurer's mid-term report of 2016 distress warrants. 2. County Sheriff's Financial Activity Report from April, 2018 through June, 2018. 3. Contract termination letter from Complete Construction Services for County Contract C-17-0041.
5) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County business not on the agenda may do so at this time.
6) ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a staff meeting on Thursday, August 2, 2018 at 8:30 a.m., in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold its next regular meeting on Tuesday, August 7, 2018 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). C. County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or email@example.com. D. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live on LNKTV City. For the rebroadcast schedule visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: LNKTV). Meetings are also streamed live on LNKTV and can be viewed on YouTube (LNKTVcity).