A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, August 1, 2017.
A. Approval of all claims processed through August 8, 2017.
A. Appointment of Dr. Jacquelyn Miller (replacing Paul Barnett) to the Aging Partners Areawide Advisory Council for a term expiring on 6/30/2020.
B. Reappointment of Sharon L. Busch and Steven Eggland to the Aging Partners Areawide Advisory Council for terms expiring on 6/30/2020.
C. Setting the annual salary for Yohance Christie, Attorney II, at $82,024.80 effective July 20, 2017.
D. Resolution authorizing the Chairperson of the Board to sign Supplemental Agreement No. 3 among the State of Nebraska Department of Transportation, the City of Lincoln and Lancaster County for construction of the South Beltway (Department of Transportation Project Numbers DPU-3300(3), DPU-LIN-2-6(120) and DPU-LIN-2-6(121), State Control Numbers 12578, 12578D, and 12578E). (R-17-0058)
E. Quote from Midwest Storage Solution for annual preventative maintenance of the Clerk of the District Court's wheelhouse storage unit. Cost to the County is $429 for three preventative maintenance inspections per year, to be invoiced in equal parts following each inspection. (C-17-0616)
F. Professional services agreement with Lane Gewecke Consulting to consult with the Board of County Commissioners on developing a strategic planning process. Term of the contract is August 15, 2017 through December 31, 2017. The cost to the County is $6,000. (C-17-0617)
G. Approve investment changes to the Prudential Retirement Income Flex Lifetime Funds as described in the Prudential notice dated June 13, 2017 and authorize Chief Administrative Officer Kerry P. Eagan to sign the consent form approving the changes.
H. Interlocal agreements with the following counties for the safekeeping, care and sustenance of preadjudicated juveniles at the Youth Services Center. Lancaster County will be reimbursed at the rate of $276 per juvenile per day. 1. Otoe County (C-17-0618) 2. Sherman County (C-17-0619)
I. Amendment to County Contract C-16-0265 with Fastenal Company (using the WSCA Master Price Agreement 1862, State of Nebraska Contract No. 14284 OC) for industrial supplies. The amendment renews the contract from July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018. The estimated cost to the County is not to exceed $2,000. (C-17-0613)
J. Amendments to the following contracts for carpet cleaning (Bid No. 16-140). The amendments renew the contracts from August 9, 2017 through August 8, 2018. The cost to the County is not to exceed $10,000 for all contracts. 1. County Contract C-16-0405 with CleanMax (C-17-0628) 2. County Contract C-16-0406 with FBG Service Corporation (C-17-0629)
K. Contracts with the following medical providers for specialized medical care of General Assistance clients. Providers will be reimbursed at the Medicaid rate. Gateway Dermatology (C-17-0620) Lincoln Surgical Group (C-17-0624) Havelock Physical Therapy (C-17-0621) Nebraska Hematology-Oncology (C-17-0625) Horizon Physical Therapy (C-17-0622) Nebraska Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine (C-17-0626) Lincoln Anesthesiology Group (CHI) (C-17-0623) Nebraska Surgery Center (C-17-0627)
4) CONSENT ITEMS: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. Receive and place on file the following: 1. 2017-2018 Lancaster County Proposed Budget 2. Assessor/Register of Deeds monthly report - July 2017 3. Clerk of the District Court monthly report - July 2017 4. County Clerk monthly report - July 2017 B. Utility Permit No. 1574 allowing Magellan Midstream LP to do emergency repair of existing pipeline under West Pleasant Hill Road. There is no cost to the County. (C-17-0614)
5) PUBLIC COMMENT
6) ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Equalization will hold on a meeting on Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 10:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln) to take final action on 2017 real property valuation protests. B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a staff meeting on Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 8:30 a.m., in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). C. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold their next regular meeting on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln) with the Board of Equalization immediately following. D. The County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or firstname.lastname@example.org. E. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live. It is rebroadcast on Tuesdays (1:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.), Wednesdays (12:00 a.m. midnight) and Saturdays (3:30 p.m.) on 5 City-TV, Cable Channel 5. In addition, the meeting may be viewed on the internet at lancaster.ne.gov under 5 City-TV, Video on Demand or 5 City-TV on YouTube.
LANCASTER COUNTY BOARD OF EQUALIZATION
A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Equalization meeting held on Tuesday, July 18, 2017.
2) PUBLIC HEARINGS: A. Motor Vehicle Tax Exemption Applications (See correlating item 3) Capital Humane Society Eastridge Presbyterian Church Capitol City Christian Church Lincoln Baptist Church Christ Lutheran Church Lincoln Christian School Christ United Methodist Church Lincoln and Lancaster County Child Guidance Center Community Action Partnership of Lancaster and Saunders Counties North American Martyrs Church and School Cornerstone Christian Church St. Thomas Aquinas Church CrossBridge Christian Church Trinity United Methodist Church B. Notice of Proposed Change in Exemption Status (See correlating item 4): 1. Lincoln Church of Christ 2. Methodist Church of Malcolm, Nebraska
3) ACTION ON MOTOR VEHICLE TAX EXEMPTION APPLICATIONS
4) ACTION ON PROPOSED CHANGE IN EXEMPTION STATUS
5) 2017 451 TAX EXEMPTION APPLICATIONS ON REAL AND PERSONAL PROPERTY
6) 2017 LATE FILED HOMESTEAD EXEMPTIONS: Terry & Ellen Cox Debra Stanton Rosanna Cappellano George Weekly Wanda Peery My T Phan Elaine Wolff George Kingery Robert Timmerman Robert Fowler Keith & Deldee Brown Merlyn Lampshire Elisabeth Alcorn Anna Meier Gretchen Peterson Linda Pickerel Michael Omara & Connie Gibb Cleo Madden Kathryn Underhill Robert & Marylou Kremers Paul & Kelly Winkler
7) PUBLIC COMMENT