1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, August 7, 2018.
2) CLAIMS: A. Approval of all claims processed through August 14, 2018.
3) SPECIAL PRESENTATION: A. Introduction of Aaron Stitt, nominee for appointment to the Lancaster County Visitors Promotion Committee - Derek Feyerherm, Lincoln Convention & Visitors Bureau (See correlating item 4A)
4) NEW BUSINESS: A. Appointment of Aaron Stitt to the Lancaster County Visitors Promotion Committee for a four-year term commencing July 1, 2018 and ending June 30, 2022.
B. Amusement license application from Josh and Amanda Kadavy d/b/a JK's Pumpkin Patch to hold a fall fun farm pumpkin patch from September 14, 2018 through October 28, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., at 757 Bluff Road, Lincoln, NE.
C. Resolution in the matter of the 2018-2019 annual cost of living wage adjustments for unrepresented classified employees, Attorneys I's and II's, Deputy Sheriff Captains, and District Court Staff Attorneys. All wage adjustments are to be effective August 16, 2018. (R-18-0047)
D. Resolution authorizing the installation of traffic control devices in Lancaster County. (R-18-0048)
E. Resolution authorizing the installation of traffic control devices in Lancaster County. (R-18-0049)
F. Grant Agreement with Nebraska Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) for the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program for the Lancaster County H-115 Culvert Project. The federal share of the project costs shall not exceed $107,523. The County's share is at least $35,841. (C-18-0488)
G. Interlocal agreement with Educational Service Unit (ESU) No. 18 for educational services to youth detained at the Youth Services Center. The County will reimburse the ESU up to $893,214 for the services provided. The term of the agreement is from August 1, 2018 to July 31, 2019. (C-18-0456)
H. Federal Equitable Sharing Agreement and Annual Certification Report for the Lancaster County Attorney's Office regarding equitable sharing activity of drug forfeiture funds for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2018. (C-18-0489)
I. Memorandum of Understanding with Envirotech Services Inc., using the State of Nebraska Contract Number 14916 OC, to provide liquid deicing products (MOU029). The term is upon execution through December 14, 2018. The pricing will be pursuant to the State's contract. The cost to the County is not to exceed $6,000. (C-18-0486)
J. Contract with Denovo Venture LLC, using the State of Nebraska Service Contract No. 73949 O4 to provide managed services. The initial term of the contract is September 1, 2018 through August 30, 2019. The pricing will be pursuant to the State's contract, and Denovo's Statement of Works. The cost to the County is not to exceed $24,000. (C-18-0487)
K. Grant contract with The HUB in the amount of $1,000 for the Project HIRE program through the Nebraska Commission on Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Community-based Juvenile Services Aid Program Grant #18-CB-0525. The term of the grant contract is July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019. (C-18-0490)
5) CONSENT ITEMS: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. Utility Permits with the following: 1. No. 1697 allowing Black Hills Energy to install a new underground gas line under Southwest 40th Street from West "A" Street to High Ridge Road. There is no cost to the County. (C-18-0483) 2. No. 1698 allowing Windstream Nebraska, LLC., to relocate fiber optic cable under Hickman Road from South 68th Street to South 78th Street. There is no cost to the County. (C-18-0484) B. Amendments to the following contracts: 1. County Contract C-17-0737 with TLC Dry Cleaners for Annual Service - Uniform Cleaning (Quote No. 5681). The amendment renews the contract from September 12, 2018 through September 11, 2019. The cost to the County shall not exceed $16,000. (C-18-0458) 2. County Contract C-16-0472 with Nebraska Salt & Grain Co. for Annual Supply - Road Salt (Bid No. 16-173). The amendment renews the contract from September 13, 2018 through September 12, 2019. The cost to the County shall not exceed $60,000. (C-18-0485) C. Received and placed on file the Lancaster County Records & Information Management report for July, 2018.
6) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County business not on the agenda may do so at this time.
7) ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a staff meeting on Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 8:30 a.m., in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold its next regular meeting on Tuesday, August 21, 2018 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). C. County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or email@example.com. D. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live on LNKTV City. For the rebroadcast schedule visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: LNKTV). Meetings are also streamed live on LNKTV and can be viewed on YouTube (LNKTVcity).
1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Equalization meeting held on Tuesday, August 7, 2018. B. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Equalization meeting held on Thursday, August 9, 2018.
2) ADDITIONS AND DEDUCTIONS TO THE TAX ASSESSMENT ROLLS:
3) NOTICE OF TAXABLE STATUS FOR LINCOLN HOUSING AUTHORITY
A. Notice of Proposed Change in Exemption Status (See correlating item 5) 2nd Church of Christ Scientist Sisters of Mercy of the Americas West Cornerstone Baptist Church Sound Words Charitable Trust
5) ACTION ON NOTICE OF PROPOSED CHANGE IN EXEMPTION STATUS
B. Motor Vehicle Tax Exemption Applications (See correlating item 6) St. Thomas Aquinas Church Christ United Methodist Church Lincoln Christian School American National Red Cross The American Legion, Department of Nebraska North American Martyrs Church/School Christ Lutheran Church Community Action Partnership of Lancaster and Saunders County Nebraska Safety Council Inc. Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter d/b/a Our Lady of Guadalupe Immanuel (IRC II, Inc)
6) ACTION ON MOTOR VEHICLE TAX EXEMPTION APPLICATIONS
C. 2018 451 Tax Exemption Application on Real and Personal Property from Cornerstone Baptist Church (See correlating item 7)
7) ACTION ON 2018 451 TAX EXEMPTION APPLICATION ON REAL AND PERSONAL PROPERTY FROM CORNERSTONE BAPTIST CHURCH
8) REVIEW OF 2018 451A EXEMPTION APPLICATION FROM HEARTLAND CHURCH NETWORK
9) 2018 LATE FILED HOMESTEAD EXEMPTIONS: Maria Lordes Farquhar Larry & Darla Johnson Gregg & Joann Ortiz Steven & Karen Standish Lance Boye Wayne L Hitz Sandy K. Bolejack Eunice Page Henry L. & Patricia L. Meinke Kathleen Cane Janice I. Aschoff John D. & Barbara E. Reek Kathleen J. Streka Candice Krivda Allen F. & Sharon A. Spiehs Shirlene R. Kendall Nyla J. Moyer Susan M. & Charles L. Combs Alyce Long Linda K. Jacoby-Mussenden Sandra & Donald Miller
10) NOTICE OF ASSESSED VALUATION CHANGE FOR PROPERTY TAXATION PURPOSES: A. Daniel K & Rebecca L. Brown B. Zachary Peterson
11) NOTICE OF ASSESSED VALUATION CHANGE FOR PROPERTY TAXATION PURPOSES (GREENBELT): Gary F. & Marilyn A. Aerts Joint Revocable Trust Timothy G & Linda E Aschoff Kent R. & Linda S. Backer Stephanie S. Buel Kenneth C. Cook & Kathy L. Havlicek-Cook David C. & Edith M. Laplante Frederick J. Lauenroth & Dawn Wagner Travis C. & Julie A. Michel Schachenmeyer Family Limited Partnership Daniel R. & Heather J. Osborn Steven J. & Colleen K. Slaight
12) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County Board of Equalization business not on the agenda may do so at this time.