Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, August 14, 2018.
2) CLAIMS: A. Approval of all claims processed through August 21, 2018.
3) UNFINISHED BUSINESS: A. Amusement license renewal application from Josh and Amanda Kadavy d/b/a JK's Pumpkin Patch to hold a fall fun farm pumpkin patch from September 14, 2018 through October 28, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., at 757 Bluff Road, Lincoln, NE.
4) NEW BUSINESS: A. Special designated license application from Ken's Liquor Inc., for a wedding reception at Hillside Event Center, 12400 West Denton Road, Denton, on Saturday, September 15, 2018.
B. Resolution authorizing the installation of traffic control devices in Lancaster County. (R-18-0050)
C. Contract with Maxwell Products, Inc., to provide Annual Supply - Asphaltic Joint Sealant (Bid No. 18-173). This contract shall be effective upon execution by all parties. The cost to the County is not to exceed $20,000. (C-18-0459)
D. Contract with TCW Construction, Inc., and Lancaster County on behalf of the Lancaster County Engineer for concrete box culverts G-111 and G-144. The cost to the County is $377,025.15. (C-18-0482)
E. Contracts to provide Annual Repair Services for Construction and Purpose-Built Equipment (Bid No. 18-167). Terms of the contracts are one (1) year from the date of execution with the option for three (3) additional one (1) year renewals. The cost to the County is not to exceed $100,000 for all contracts (including seven others that will be coming at a later date). 1. Hamilton Equipment Co. (C-18-0495) 2. Titan Machinery (C-18-0496) 3. Truck Center Companies Lincoln (C-18-0497) 4. Vermeer High Plains (C-18-0498)
F. Approval of the Lancaster County Purchasing Card (P-Card) Procedures.
5) CONSENT ITEMS: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. Change Order #3 to County Contract C-18-0261 with Yost Excavating, Inc. for construction and removal of a temporary fence to allow for removal and replacement of existing fence (Project 18-05) for an increase of $660. (C-18-0491) B. Amendments to the following contracts: 1. County Contract C-16-0498 with Paramount Linen for Annual Services - Rental and Cleaning of Mats, Various Linens & Related Items (Bid No. 16-170). The amendment renews the contract from September 13, 2018 through September 12, 2019. The cost to the County shall not exceed $8,000. (C-18-0492) 2. County Contract C-14-0454 with Odyssey Travel for Annual Requirements - Travel Agent Services (Quote No. 4841). The amendment extends the contract from September 9, 2018 through November 8, 2018. The cost to the County shall not exceed $2,500. (C-18-0493) 3. County Contract C-16-0668 with Rise N' Shine for Annual Cleaning Services - County Engineering Office, Shop and Weed Control Office (Bid No. 16-228). The amendment adds services for Adult Probation with an increase of $2,500 for the remainder of the contract term for a revised total amount of $7,900. (C-18-0494) C. Setting a public hearing on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln) regarding Keno Fund Projects and Lancaster County's Proposed Budget for Fiscal Year 2018-19.
6) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County business not on the agenda may do so at this time.
7) ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a staff meeting on Thursday, August 23, 2018 at 8:30 a.m., in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold its next regular meeting on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). C. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a public hearing on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln) regarding Keno Fund Projects and Lancaster County's Proposed Budget for Fiscal Year 2018-19. D. County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or firstname.lastname@example.org. E. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live on LNKTV City. For the rebroadcast schedule visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: LNKTV). Meetings are also streamed live on LNKTV and can be viewed on YouTube (LNKTVcity).
1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Equalization meeting held on Tuesday, August 14, 2018.
2) ADDITIONS AND DEDUCTIONS TO THE TAX ASSESSMENT ROLLS:
3) PUBLIC HEARING: A. Motor Vehicle Tax Exemption Applications (See correlating item 4) Cornerstone Christian Church Northern Lighthouse St. Peter Catholic Church Capitol City Christian Church Corporation of the Presiding Bishop, Church of Jesus Christ Food Bank of Lincoln
4) ACTION ON MOTOR VEHICLE TAX EXEMPTION APPLICATIONS
5) APPEAL OF ASSESSED VALUATION CHANGE FROM NEBRASKA HORSEMEN'S BENEVOLENT & PROTECTIVE ASSOCIATION, INC. (See correlating item 6)
6) ACTION ON APPEAL OF ASSESSED VALUATION CHANGE FROM HORSEMEN'S BENEVOLENT & PROTECTIVE ASSOCIATION, INC.
7) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County Board of Equalization business not on the agenda may do so at this time.