1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, August 21, 2018.
2) CLAIMS: A. Approval of all claims processed through August 28, 2018.
3) SPECIAL PRESENTATION: A. Lancaster County Visitors Improvement Fund Grant of $120,000 to the City of Lincoln for the Prairie Corridor Trail - Lynne Ireland, Lancaster County Visitors Promotion Committee Chair; Jeff Maul, Lincoln Convention & Visitors Bureau Executive Director; and Nicole Fleck-Tooze, Special Project Administrator, Lincoln Parks & Recreation.
C. Lancaster County Visitors Improvement Fund Grant Contract with Lancaster County as the Sponsor and the City of Lincoln as the Grantee for the Prairie Corridor Trail project in the amount of $40,000. The grant term is January 1, 2019 through December 31, 2019. The grant contract may be renewed for two additional one-year terms at $40,000 per term, for a total grant of $120,000. The Sponsor will sign a letter of support for the Grantee's project. (C-18-0513)
4) PUBLIC HEARINGS: A. Keno Fund Projects
B. Lancaster County's Proposed Budget for Fiscal Year 2018-19
5) NEW BUSINESS: A. Resolution in the matter of exceeding the budgeted restricted funds limit for the 2017-18 fiscal year by an additional one percent. (R-18-0051)
B. Resolution in the matter of final allocation of levy authority to all political subdivisions subject to Lancaster County levy authority. (R-18-0052)
D. Federal Equitable Sharing Agreement and Annual Certification Report for the Lancaster County Sheriff's Office regarding equitable sharing activity of drug forfeiture funds for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2018. (C-18-0503)
E. Contract with Bob and Don's Plumbing for Annual Requirements - Backflow Preventers (Excludes Fire BP's) (Quote No. 5886). The contract is for a four (4) year term, effective upon execution by all parties. The cost to the County is not to exceed $9,200. (C-18-0501)
F. Contract with GBS CORP to provide Annual Supply - County Court File Folders, (Quote No. 5888). The contract shall be effective September 24, 2018 through September 23, 2019. The cost to the County is not to exceed $9,900. (C-18-0504)
G. Change Order #2 to County Contract C-18-0220 with Constructors, Inc. for additional resurfacing on Roca Road between South 46th Street and South 54th Street (Project 18-01) for an increase of $127,313.18. (C-18-0505)
H. Contracts to provide Annual Repair Services for Construction and Purpose-Built Equipment (Bid No. 18-167). Terms of the contracts are one (1) year from the date of execution with the option for three (3) additional one (1) year renewals. The cost to the County is not to exceed $100,000 for all contracts (including four that were approved last week and four others that will be coming at a later date). 1. Acker Diesel Repair LLC (C-18-0510) 2. Brown Heavy Equipment, Inc. (C-18-0511) 3. Rose Equipment Inc. (C-18-0512)
6) CONSENT ITEMS: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. Amendments to the following contracts: 1. County Contract C-17-0754 with Protex Central, Inc. for Annual Service - Fire Alarm Panel Inspection, Testing and Repair (Quote No. 5682). The amendment renews the contract from September 19, 2018 through September 18, 2019. The cost to the County is not to exceed $500. (C-18-0499) 2. County Contract C-17-0755 with Total Fire & Security for Annual Service - Fire Alarm Panel Inspection, Testing and Repair (Quote No. 5682). The amendment renews the contract from September 19, 2018 through September 18, 2019. The cost to the County is not to exceed $1,200. (C-18-0500) 3. County Contract C-18-0402 with MTG Management Consultants, LLC for Consultant Services - CJIS Evaluation (Quote No. 5853). The amendment extends the contract from September 22, 2018 through October 13, 2018. There is no additional cost to the County. (C-18-0502) B. Right-of-way contracts with the following: 1. Daniel A. Coughlin, Northwest 84th Street and West Bluff Road, in the total amount of $199. (2 contracts) (C-18-0506) (C-18-0507) 2. Galen R. Spath, Trustee of Galen R. Spath Revocable Trust, Northwest 84th Street and West Bluff Road, in the total amount of $223. (2 contracts) (C-18-0508) (C-18-0509) C. Contract with Dr. Fuel Good to provide Annual Service - Fuel Tank Maintenance and Service (Bid No. 18-185). The contract shall be effective September 1, 2018 through August 31, 2019. The cost to the County is not to exceed $20,000. (C-18-0514)
7) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County business not on the agenda may do so at this time.
8) ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a meeting on Thursday, August 30, 2018 at 8:00 a.m., in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln) regarding the Lancaster County budget for fiscal year 2018-2019. B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a staff meeting on Thursday, August 30, 2018 at 8:30 a.m., in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). C. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold its next regular meeting on Tuesday, September 4, 2018 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln) with the Board of Equalization immediately following. D. County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or firstname.lastname@example.org. E. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live on LNKTV City. For the rebroadcast schedule visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: LNKTV). Meetings are also streamed live on LNKTV and can be viewed on YouTube (LNKTVcity).