1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, August 28, 2018.
B. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Thursday, August 30, 2018.
2) CLAIMS: A. Approval of all claims processed through September 4, 2018.
3) NEW BUSINESS: A. Resolution in the matter of recognizing September 2018 as National Preparedness Month. (R-18-0054)
B. Resolution authorizing the installation of traffic control devices in Lancaster County. (R-18-0055)
C. Memorandum of Understanding between Tyler Technologies, Inc., and Lancaster County, using the County of Imperial, California contract to provide Licensed Software - Softcode. The term of the contract is one (1) year from date the of execution. The pricing will be pursuant to Attachment A of MOU028. The cost to the County is not to exceed $120,000. (C-18-0516)
D. Grant contract with Lincoln/Lancaster County Child Guidance Center in the amount of $50,000 for the Outpatient Service program. The contract is funded by the Joint Budget Committee for the period of July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019. (C-18-0518)
E. Grant contracts funded by the Juvenile Justice Prevention Funds for the period of July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019 with the following: 1. Bright Lights in the amount of $7,500 for the 2018 Scholarship program. (C-18-0519) 2. Heartland Big Brother Big Sisters in the amount of $20,000 for the Community Based Mentoring program. (C-18-0520)
F. Grant contracts funded by the Nebraska Commission on Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Community-based Juvenile Services Aid Program Grant (#18-CB-0525) for the period of July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019 with the following: 1. Mediation Center in the amount of $46,000 for the Restorative Justice program. (C-18-0522) 2. Berniklau Education Solutions Team in the amount of $2,870 for the BEST Alternative School program. (C-18-0523)
G. Acceptance of the following Juvenile Services State Grant Awards from the Nebraska Commission on Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice for the periods of July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019: 1. Formula for Impact program (Award 18-JS-0409) in the amount of $60,000. (C-18-0524) 2. HUB Back on Track program (Award 18-JS-0410) in the amount of $18,100. (C-18-0525) 3. Project Restore program (Award 18-JS-0411) in the amount of $51,000. (C-18-0526) 4. ACCC Serving Refugee & Immigrants program (Award 18-JS-0414) in the amount of $56,316. (C-18-0527) 5. Lincoln Refugee Outreach program (Award 18-JS-0415) in the amount of $21,356. (C-18-0528)
4) CONSENT ITEMS: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. Right-of-way contracts with the following: 1. Bruce D. and Karen M. Tiedeman, Southwest 12th Street and Olive Creek Road, in the amount of $919. (C-18-0529) 2. Janelle Pieper, South Coddington Street and West Burnham Street, in the amount of $2,080. (C-18-0530) 3. Michael A. and Mark D. Leavitt, North 102nd Street and Adams Street, in the amount of $1,252. (C-18-0531) B. Amendments to the following contracts: 1. County Contract C-17-0876 with Cash-Wa Distribution Co., Inc., for Annual Supply - Food Service and Related Items (UNL RFP 2335-14-5010). The amendment renews the contract from August 1, 2018 through July 31, 2019. The cost to the County shall not exceed $4,000. (C-18-0515) 2. County Contract C-16-0152 with Bugeaters Pest Control LLC for Annual Services - Pest Control (Bid No. 16-031). The amendment changes the name reflected in the contract from Bugeaters Pest Control LLC to Plunkett's Pest Control. (C-18-0521) C. Agreement with Constructors, Inc., on behalf of the County Engineer to replace the concrete box on box culvert H-211 (Project 18-16) (Bid No. 18-159). The cost to the County is not to exceed $178,319.77. (C-18-0532) D. Received and placed on file the Annual Report of County Real Property. E. Setting the public hearing on September 11, 2018, at 9:30 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln) regarding an appeal of Special Permit No. 18025, (adopted by the Lincoln-Lancaster County Planning Commission on August 15, 2018 as Resolution PC-01614) for the construction of a commercial feedlot on property generally located at 13350 West Wittstruck Road.
5) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County business not on the agenda may do so at this time.
6) ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a staff meeting on Tuesday, September 4, 2018, at 9:30 a.m., or immediately following the Board of Equalization meeting in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will not hold a staff meeting on Thursday, September 6, 2018 due to their attendance at the Legislative Retreat beginning at 8:30 a.m., in the Community Room of Cornhusker Bank (8310 O Street, Lincoln). C. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold its next regular meeting on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 9:30 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). D. County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or email@example.com. E. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live on LNKTV City. For the rebroadcast schedule visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: LNKTV). Meetings are also streamed live on LNKTV and can be viewed on YouTube (LNKTVcity).
1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Equalization meeting held on Tuesday, August 21, 2018.
2) ADDITIONS AND DEDUCTIONS TO THE TAX ASSESSMENT ROLLS
3) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County Board of Equalization business not on the agenda may do so at this time.