1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, September 12, 2017.
2) CLAIMS: A. Approval of all claims processed through September 19, 2017.
3) SPECIAL PRESENTATION: A. Recognition of the County-City Building art exhibit - Patrick Gauthier
4) NEW BUSINESS: A. Resolution authorizing temporary installation of traffic control devices in Lancaster County. (R-17-0070)
B. Special designated license application from Deer Springs Winery for a benefit fundraiser at 16255 Adams Street, Lincoln, on October 14, 2017.
C. Setting the salary for the following Deputy County Attorneys, in the amount of $63,358.88 (Step 1) as Attorney I's, effective October 2, 2017. 1. Braden Storer 2. Haley Messerschmidt
D. Agreement with Great Plains Appraisal, Inc., for qualified professional appraisal services to assist the County Assessor's Office in performing the appraisal functions necessary to process the Tax Equalization and Review Commission (TERC) appeals for the 2017 tax year and any pending appeals from past tax years. Total compensation for services shall not exceed $200,000. (C-17-0760)
E. Revised insurance requirements for County Contracts.
F. Quitclaim deed from Lancaster County to Dennis L. Buel Revocable Trust to convey property generally located in a portion of South 54th Street vacated by County Resolution R-16-0014, in Lancaster County.
G. Contracts with the following to provide the annual service of fire alarm panel inspection, testing and repair (Quote No. 5682). Terms of the contracts are one year from the date of execution. 1. Protex Central, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $3,000. (C-17-0754) 2. Total Fire & Security in an amount not to exceed $1,000. (C-17-0755)
H. Amendment to County Contract C-16-0620 with TAB Products Co., LLC for the annual supply of District Court file folders (Quote No. 5186). The amendment renews the contract from October 18, 2017 through October 17, 2018. The cost to the County is not to exceed $3,200. (C-17-0744)
To be held
J. Amendment to County Contract C-14-0412 with Graybar Electric for the annual supply of household miscellaneous batteries (Quote No. 4832). The amendment renews the contract from September 9, 2017 through September 8, 2018. The cost to the County is not to exceed $2,000. (C-17-0759)
K. Change orders to County Contract No. C-16-0569 with Hawkins Construction for a total increase of $16,716.06: 1. Change Order #3, to provide for miscellaneous additional grading around Windstream pedestals, for an increase of $4,364.06. (C-17-0761) 2. Change Order #4, to provide for grading and installation of high performance turf reinforcement mat, for an increase of $11,583.80. (C-17-0762) 3. Change Order #5, for LES purchase of a culvert left over from the project, for an increase of $768.20. (C-17-0763)
L. Contracts with the following medical providers for specialized medical care of General Assistance clients. Providers will be reimbursed at the Medicaid rate. 1. Capital Foot and Ankle (C-17-0756) 2. Innovative Pain and Spine Specialists (C-17-0757) 3. Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital (C-17-0758)
5) CONSENT ITEMS: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. Setting the following public hearings: 1. Setting the final tax request at a different amount than the prior year tax request on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street). This request is for Lancaster County and the Rural Library for Lancaster County. 2. Amendment of the Lancaster County General Assistance guidelines on Tuesday, October 3, 2017 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street). 3. Change of Zone No. 17025, from AG (Agricultural District) and I (Industrial District) to B (Business District), on property legally described as Lot 16, I.T., located in the northeast quarter of Section 34-9-8, Lancaster County, Nebraska, generally located at the intersection of Highway 2 and Highway 43 on Tuesday, October 3, 2017 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street)
7) ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will a staff meeting on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 10:30 a.m., in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will not hold a staff meeting on Thursday, September 21, 2017 due to their attendance at the Fall Legislative Retreat beginning at 8:30 a.m., at Cornhusker Bank (8310 O Street, Lincoln). C. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold their next regular meeting on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). D. The Lancaster County Board of Commissions will hold a public hearing on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 4:00 p.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln) regarding the Board of Equalization property valuation protest process. E. The County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or firstname.lastname@example.org. F. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live on LNKTV City. For the rebroadcast schedule visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: LNKTV). Meetings are also streamed live on LNKTV and can be viewed on YouTube (LNKTVcity).
LANCASTER COUNTY BOARD OF EQUALIZATION
1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Equalization meeting held on Tuesday, September 12, 2017.
2) ADDITIONS AND DEDUCTIONS TO THE TAX ASSESSMENT ROLLS
3) PUBLIC HEARING: A. Motor Vehicle Tax Exemption Applications (See correlating item 4)
4) ACTION ON MOTOR VEHICLE TAX EXEMPTION APPLICATIONS
5) PUBLIC COMMENT: None