1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, September 19, 2017.
2) CLAIMS: A. Approval of all claims processed through September 26, 2017.
3) SPECIAL PRESENTATION: A. U.S. Rail Safety Week (September 24-30,2017) - Roger Figard, Executive Director, Railroad Transportation Safety District (See correlating item 6A)
4) PUBLIC HEARING: A. Setting the final tax request at a different amount than the prior year tax request for Lancaster County and the Rural Library for Lancaster County. (See correlating item 6B)
5) UNFINISHED BUSINESS: A. Amendment to County Contract C-13-0335 with Inmate Calling Solutions, LLC d/b/a ICSolutions for inmate phone services at the Adult Detention Center (Bid No. 12-273). The amendment renews the contract from September 23, 2017 through July 22, 2021. Commissions payable to the County by ICSolutions shall be subject to minimum annual guarantees of $330,000 on telephone service and $12,000 on video visitation service revenues. (C-17-0753)
NEW BUSINESS: D. Consulting services contract with Segal Marco Advisors to provide annual investment and administrative review of the Lancaster County 401(a) Retirement Plan and the 457(b) Deferred Compensation Program. The County will pay $28,500 for the services. The term of the contract is January 1, 2017 through December 31, 2017. (C-17-0777)
F. Interlocal agreement with the City of Hickman for the provision of law enforcement services within the City on an as needed basis. The Sheriff shall assign one Deputy for duty and provide one Sheriff's cruiser. The County shall be reimbursed at the Deputy's overtime rate for the services provided and shall be reimbursed $0.54 per mile for cruiser maintenance. Total compensation to the County shall not exceed $4,500. Term of the agreement is October 1, 2017 through September 30, 2018. (C-17-0779)
G. Annual Conformance to Quality Report (ACQR) to the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) for the Mental Health Crisis Center of Lancaster County.
H. Interlocal agreement with the State of Nebraska Probation Administration for two probation officers to provide additional presentence investigation report services to decrease the time needed to complete presentence investigations of inmates housed by the Lancaster County Corrections Department. The County will pay up to $61,885 for the services. Term of the agreement is July 1, 2017 through July 30, 2018. (C-17-0780)
I. Interlocal agreement with Kearney County for the safekeeping, care and sustenance of preadjudicated juveniles at the Youth Services Center. Lancaster County will be reimbursed at the rate of $276 per juvenile per day. (C-17-0781)
J. Contract with Nebraska Printing Center to provide the annual supply of envelopes and printing (Bid No. 17-247). Term of the contract is November 1, 2017 through October 31, 2018. The cost to the County is not to exceed $25,000. (C-17-0767)
K. Contracts with the following to provide the annual supply of grader blades (Bid No. 17-212). Terms of the contracts are one year from the date of execution. 1. Midwest Service and Sales Company, in an amount not to exceed $34,483.68. (C-17-0768) 2. Wear Parts & Equipment Company, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $19,356.93. (C-17-0769)
L. Amendment to County Contract C-16-0407 with Supersteam for carpet cleaning (Bid No. 16-140). The amendment removes Lancaster County from the contract. (C-17-0765)
M. Amendment to County Contract C-14-0402 with Snap-on Industrial, a division of IDSC Holdings, LLC, using the State of Nebraska Contract No. 14033 OC for small hand and power tools and accessories. The amendment extends the contract from September 20, 2017 through December 31, 2017. The cost to the County is not to exceed $100. (C-17-0770)
N. Change Order to County Contract C-17-0250 with Outback Fence and Stain to change the specified gateposts and hinges installed at five County gravel sites, for an increase of $5,240. (C-17-0782)
O. Grant contract with El Centro de las Americas in the amount of $51,434 for the Joven Noble program. The contract is funded by the Nebraska Commission on Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Juvenile Services Aid State Grant (#17-CB-5290). Term of the grant contract is July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018. (C-17-0766)
P. Grant contract with Salvation Army in the amount of $40,000 for the Shields Unite/Teen Night program. The contract is funded by Juvenile Justice Prevention Funds. Term of the grant contract is July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018. (C-17-0774)
Q. Contracts with the following medical providers for specialized medical care of General Assistance clients. Providers will be reimbursed at the Medicaid rate. 1. Kearney Physician Network, LLC d/b/a Lincoln Anesthesiology Group (C-17-0771) 2. Nebraska Specialty Network d/b/a Nebraska Heart Institute (C-17-0772) 3. The Physician Network (C-17-0773)
7) CONSENT ITEMS: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. Receive and place on file the following reports: 1. County Treasurer's report on 2014 distress warrants 2. County Sheriff's Monthly Report - August 2017 B. Utility Permit No. 1595 allowing Lincoln Electric System to install a new transmission line between South 38th Street and Bennet Road to South 91st Street and Highway 2. There is no cost to the County. (C-17-0764) C. Right-of-way contract between Lancaster County and GSK Consumer Health, Inc., f/k/a Novartis Consumer Health, Inc., North 112th Street and Alvo Road, in the amount of $1,802.50. (C-17-0783) D. Setting a public hearing for an application of a Class C liquor license for NuMark Golf, LLC, and a corporate manager liquor license for Kinsey D. Bauer in connection with a Class C liquor license for NuMark Golf, LLC, on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street).
PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County business not on the agenda may do so at this time.
ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a public hearing on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 4:00 p.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln) regarding the Lancaster County Board of Equalization property valuation protest process. B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a staff meeting on Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 8:30 a.m., in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). C. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold their next regular meeting on Tuesday, October 3, 2017 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). D. The County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or firstname.lastname@example.org. E. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live on LNKTV City. For the rebroadcast schedule visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: LNKTV). Meetings are also streamed live on LNKTV and can be viewed on YouTube (LNKTVcity).