1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Monday, September 10, 2018.
2) CLAIMS: A. Approval of all claims processed through September 11, 2018.
A. Special designated license application from Talon Room for a wedding reception at Hillside Event Center, 12400 West Denton Road, Denton, on Saturday, September 29, 2018.
B. Resolution authorizing the installation of traffic control devices in Lancaster County. (R-18-0056)
C. Resolution in the matter of County Special Permit No. 18025, (adopted by the Lincoln-Lancaster County Planning Commission on August 15, 2018 as Resolution PC-01614) for the construction of a commercial feedlot on property generally located at 13350 West Wittstruck Road. (R-18-0057) (Note: Action on this Item will follow item 7 - Public Hearing)
D. Setting the salary for Daniel Donnelly, Deputy County Attorney, in the amount of $69,700.80 (Step 3) as Attorney I, effective September 13, 2018.
E. Memorandums of Understanding for Lancaster County, using the University of Nebraska RFP #2951-18-7215 to provide Paint and Related Products, MOU031. The term of the contract is upon execution through July 31, 2019, with the option to renew for four (4) additional one (1) year terms. The pricing will be pursuant to the University of Nebraska's contract. The combined cost to the County is not to exceed $39,000.00 with the following: 1. Diamond Vogel (C-18-0534) 2. Sherwin-Williams Company (C-18-0535)
F. Contracts to provide Annual Repair Services for Construction and Purpose-Built Equipment, Bid No. 18-167. Term of the contract is a one (1) year term from date of execution with the option for three (3) additional one (1) year renewals. The cost to the County is not to exceed $100,000.00 for all contracts (including seven that were approved previously and two others that will be coming at a later date). 1. NMC, Inc. (C-18-0536) 2. RDO Truck Center (C-18-0537)
G. Recommendation from the Purchasing Agent and Lancaster County Records Management to award and execute a Purchase Order for a maintenance Agreement to Kodak Alaris. The total amount of the yearly agreement is $10,585.89. (C-18-0540)
H. Grant contract with CenterPointe in the amount of $326,178 for the Community Support, Outpatient Counseling, Medication Management, and Day Rehabilitation programs. The contract is funded by the Joint Budget Committee for the period of July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019. (C-18-0541)
I. Grant contract with Child Guidance Center in the amount of $20,000 for the Pilots of Change program. The contract is funded by Juvenile Justice Prevention Funds for the period of July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019. (C-18-0542)
4) CONSENT ITEMS: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. Amendments to the following contracts: 1. County Contract C-17-0645 with AOI for Annual Supply - Workstations and Accessories (Bid No. 17-140). The amendment renews the contract from September 12, 2018 through September 11, 2019. The cost to the County shall not exceed $12,000. (C-18-0538) 2. County Contract C-17-0646 with Office Interiors & Design, Inc. for Annual Supply - Workstations and Accessories (Bid No. 17-140). The amendment renews the contract from September 12, 2018 through September 11, 2019. The cost to the County shall not exceed $10,000. (C-18-0539) B. Utility Permit No. 1643 allowing the City of Lincoln to install an underground water line under Rokeby Road from South 70th Street east to South 84th Street. There is no cost to the County. (C-18-0533) C. Right-of-way contracts with the following: 1. Tammera S. Goering, Southwest 12th Street and Olive Creek Road, in the amount of $415. (C-18-0543) 2. James L. Wunderlich, South 12th Street and Pella Road, in the amount of $703. (C-18-0544) 3. Poppy Creek Farm, LLC, North 1st Street and Bluff Road, in the amount of $1,024. (C-18-0545) D. Receive and place on file the following reports for August, 2018: 1. Assessor/Register of Deeds 2. Records and Information Management 3. Clerk of the District Court 4. County Clerk E. Setting a public hearing on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln) on the following: 1. Amendment to Article 1, Section 6 of the Lincoln-Lancaster County Air Pollution Control Program Regulations and Standards to modify emission fees for regulated air pollutants. 2. Amendment to County Resolution C-16-0046, procedures for the regulation of on-site wastewater treatment systems in Lancaster County, Nebraska. 3. Amendment to County Resolution C-16-0047, regulations for the operation of body art and piercing establishments in Lancaster County, Nebraska. 4. Amendment to County Resolution C-16-0048, to increase the fee for open burning permits. 5. Amendment to County Resolution C-16-0049, procedures for the inspection of on-site water supply systems and on-site wastewater treatment systems prior to sale, transfer or conveyance of property in Lancaster County, Nebraska.
5) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County business not on the agenda may do so at this time.
6) ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a staff meeting on Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 8:30 a.m., in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold its next regular meeting on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln) with the Board of Equalization meeting immediately following. C. County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or firstname.lastname@example.org. D. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live on LNKTV City. For the rebroadcast schedule visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: LNKTV). Meetings are also streamed live on LNKTV and can be viewed on YouTube (LNKTVcity).
7) PUBLIC HEARING: A. Appeal of Special Permit No. 18025, (adopted by the Lincoln-Lancaster County Planning Commission on August 15, 2018 as Resolution PC-01614) for the construction of a commercial feedlot on property generally located at 13350 West Wittstruck Road.