1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, September 26, 2017.
B. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners public hearing regarding the Lancaster County Board of Equalization property valuation protest process held on Tuesday, September 26, 2017.
2) CLAIMS: A. Approval of all claims processed through October 3, 2017.
3) SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS: A. Commissioners' Award of Excellence - September Winner - Douglas Lind-Olson, County Engineering, in the category of Productivity.
B. Introduction of Susan Madsen, prospective appointee to the Lancaster County Visitors Promotion Committee - Jeff Maul, Lincoln Convention & Visitors Bureau Executive Director (See correlating item 5A)
4) PUBLIC HEARINGS: A. Change of Zone No. 17025, from AG (Agricultural District) and I (Industrial District) to B (Business District), on property legally described as Lot 16, I.T., located in the northeast quarter of Section 34-9-8, Lancaster County, Nebraska, generally located at the intersection of Highway 2 and Highway 43. (See correlating item 5B and 5C)
B. Amendment of the Lancaster County General Assistance Guidelines. (See correlating item 5D)
5) NEW BUSINESS: E. Resolution in the matter of approving (A) an amendment to the master site lease among the Lincoln-Lancaster County Public Building Commission, as lessee, and the County and the City of Lincoln, Nebraska, jointly as lessor, (B) an amendment to the master lease agreement among the County and the City, jointly, as lessee, and the Commission, as lessor, and (C) the issuance of not to exceed $1,700,000 in principal amount of the Commission's tax supported lease rental revenue refunding bonds, series 2017. (R-17-0074)
F. Special designated license application from Seward Grocery, LLC d/b/a Pac N Save for a reception at Prairie Creek Inn, 2400 South 148th Street, Walton, on October 21, 2017.
G. Adoption of Lancaster County Legislative Priorities for the 2018 session of the Nebraska Legislature.
H. Letter of Support from the Lancaster County Board of Commissioners for the South Beltway.
I. Ratification of Grant Adjustment Notice from NEMA to Lancaster County, increasing the amount of the 2016 Emergency Management Performance Grant from $175,561.45 to $199,376.04. (C-17-0792)
J. Agreement between the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Forces (OCDETF) Program and Lancaster County at the request of the Lancaster County Sheriff to assist OCDETF in the Interdiction Initiative. The County shall be reimbursed up to $36,000 in overtime costs for work from October 1, 2017 through September 30, 2018. (C-17-0793)
K. Professional Services contract between Move Creative and Lancaster County for Lancaster County Extension to provide website production and maintenance. Term of the contract is from July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018. The cost to the County is $3,000. (C-17-0794)
L. Contracts with the following to provide the annual supply of guard and maintenance staff clothing for County Corrections (Bid No. 17-201). Terms of the contracts are four years from the date of execution. 1. Don's Pioneer Uniforms (DEK Corp.), in an amount not to exceed $30,000. (C-17-0785) 2. Galls, LLC, in an amount not to exceed $90,000. (C-17-0786)
M. Amendment to County Contract C-14-0579 with Navia Benefit Solutions for flexible spending plan (Bid No. 14-147). The amendment renews the contract from November 1, 2017 through October 31, 2018. The cost to the County is not to exceed $9,500. (C-17-0788)
N. Amendments to the following to provide the annual requirements of motor grader snow removal services for Lancaster County (Bid No. 15-224). The amendments renew the contracts from November 17, 2017 through November 16, 2018. The cost to the County is not to exceed $45,000. 1. Gana Trucking & Excavating (C-17-0789) 2. K2 Construction (C-17-0790)
P. Professional services contract with JEO Consulting Group, Inc., for professional engineering services for the inspection of fracture critical Bridge H-120. Work is to be completed before January 5, 2018. The cost to the County is $3,500. (C-17-0799)
O. Recommendation from the Purchasing Department and the County Engineer to award purchase orders to R. L. Tiemann Construction (C-17-0795), Lyman-Richey Corporation (C-17-0796), Buel Trucking, Inc. (C-17-0797), and Westover Rock & Sand, Inc. (C-17-0798) for the supply and hauling of gravel surface course material to Lancaster County stockpiles. The total amount is $560,997.50.
Q. Grant contract with VolunteerLinc in the amount of $8,000 for the Youth Volunteer Program. The contract is funded by the Juvenile Justice Prevention Fund for the period of July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018. (C-17-0787)
R. Contract with Consultants in Gastroenterology for specialized care of General Assistance clients. Providers will be reimbursed at the Medicaid rate. (C-17-0775)
6) CONSENT ITEM: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. Utility Permit No. 1588 allowing Norris Public Power District to replace existing power line adjacent to Northwest 105th Street from West Fletcher Road to Nebraska Highway 34. There is no cost to the County. (C-17-0784)
7) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County business not on the agenda may do so at this time.
8) ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will not hold a staff meeting on Thursday, October 5, 2017 due to their attendance at the Tri-County meeting with Douglas and Sarpy Counties at 8:30 a.m., at Nebraska Innovation Campus (2021 Transformation Drive, Lincoln). B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold their next regular meeting on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln) with the Board of Equalization meeting immediately following. C. The County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or email@example.com. D. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live on LNKTV City. For the rebroadcast schedule visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: LNKTV). Meetings are also streamed live on LNKTV and can be viewed on YouTube (LNKTVcity). 9) ADJOURNMENT