1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, September 18, 2018.
2) CLAIMS: A. Approval of all claims processed through September 25, 2018.
3) SPECIAL PRESENTATION: A. Declaring September as National Suicide Prevention Awareness Month - Sandy Morrissey, Region V Prevention Director (See correlating item 5A)
5) NEW BUSINESS: A. Resolution declaring September as National Suicide Prevention Awareness Month. (R-18-0066)
4) PUBLIC HEARING: A. Setting the final tax request at a different amount than the prior year tax request for Lancaster County and the Rural Library for Lancaster County. (See correlating item 5B)
B. Resolution in the matter of setting the 2018-2019 property tax request for Lancaster County at a different amount than that of the prior year. (R-18-0065)
C. Special designated license application from GNS Corp/Cappy's Bar, for an event at Hillside Events, 12400 W. Denton Road, Denton, on Saturday, October 13, 2018.
D. Resolution directing the County Treasurer to issue tax sale certificates to the County on all parcels of real estate where there are delinquent taxes and also directing the County Attorney's Office to begin tax foreclosure proceedings. (R-18-0067)
E. Resolution directing the County Engineer to conduct a study and the Planning Department to write a report regarding vacating portions of West McKelvie Road, more particularly described in "Exhibit A", and located in Lancaster County, Nebraska. (R-18-0068)
F. Resolution in the matter of County Maintenance of Roads in Nemaha Ridge Addition. (R-18-0069)
G. Grant Adjustment Notification (GAN) for the Emergency Management Performance Grant (EMPG) for the 2018-19 fiscal year. The award amount is $103,399.50. (C-18-0568)
H. Contract with Navia Benefit Solutions, Inc., for Annual Service - Flexible Benefits Spending Plan (RFP No. 18-217). The contract term is from October 1, 2018 through July 31, 2022. The cost to the County shall not exceed $35,640. (C-18-0573)
I. Network provider contract with the Regional Behavioral Health Authority (Region V) for the provision of certain behavioral mental health services at the Mental Health Crisis Center. The County shall be reimbursed up to $1,172,103 for the services. The term of the agreement is July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019. (C-18-0574)
J. Grant contract with Boys and Girls Club in the amount of $60,000 for the Formula for Impact program through the Nebraska Commission on Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Juvenile Services Aid Grant. The term of the grant contract is July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019. (C-18-0569)
K. Acceptance of the Operation Tipping Point Grant (Award Number 18-VP-5007) from the Nebraska Commission on Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice, in the amount of $25,375 from July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019. (C-18-0570)
L. Grant contract with Family Violence Council in the amount of $15,000 for the Coordinated Response to Reducing Violence program through the Nebraska Commission on Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice (Grant #16-VW-714). The term of the contract is June 1, 2018 through May 31, 2019. (C-18-0571)
M. Grant contract with Voices of Hope in the amount of $49,093 for the Coordinated Response to Reducing Violence program through the Nebraska Commission on Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice (Grant #17-VW-709). The term of the contract is June 1, 2018, through May 31, 2019.
N. Appointment of Richard Campbell to the Lincoln-Lancaster County Planning Commission effective September 26, 2018 for a term to expire August 24, 2023.
6) CONSENT ITEMS: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. Utility Permit No. 1712 allowing Black Hills Energy to install underground gas pipeline from South 82nd Street and Hickman Road, northerly to a point approximately 2,000 linear feet north of Roca Road. There is no cost to the County. (C-18-0567) B. Amendment to County Contract C-17-0947 with Physicians Laboratory Services for an increase in the cost of forensic pathology services for the County. The County shall pay for services as provided in Attachment A. (C-18-0575) C. Right-of-way contracts with the following: 1. Allen Gilbert, Southwest 142nd Street and West Hallam Road, in the amount of $487. (C-18-0576) 2. Archie D. Soden, South 78th Street and Hickman Road, in the amount of $595. (C-18-0577) 3. Orr Trust, c/o John and Thelma Orr, Trustees, South 78th Street and Hickman Road, in the amount of $325. (C-18-0578) 4. Orr Revocable Inter-Vivos Trust, c/o Robert G. Orr, Trustee, South 78th Street and Hickman Road, in the amount of $325. (C-18-0579) D. Received and placed on file the County Treasurer's mid-term report of 2015 distress warrants. E. Setting a public hearing for the One and Six-Year Road and Bridge Improvement Program, on Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 6:30 p.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln).
7) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County business not on the agenda may do so at this time.
8) ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a staff meeting on Thursday, September 27, 2018 at 8:30 a.m., in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold its next regular meeting on Tuesday, October 2, 2018 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). C. County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or email@example.com. D. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live on LNKTV City. For the rebroadcast schedule visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: LNKTV). Meetings are also streamed live on LNKTV and can be viewed on YouTube (LNKTVcity).