1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, October 3, 2017.
2) CLAIMS: A. Approval of all claims processed through October 10, 2017.
3) SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS: A. Commissioners' Award of Excellence - August Winner - Nicholas Vocasek, Corrections, in the category of Productivity.
B. Recognition of Don Killeen, County Property Manager, for his years of service.
4) PUBLIC HEARINGS: A. Class C liquor license application for NuMark Golf Course, LLC, 8901 Augusta Drive, Lincoln, Nebraska.
B. Manager application for Kinsey Bauer in connection with a Class C liquor license for NuMark Golf Course, LLC, 8901 Augusta Drive, Lincoln, Nebraska.
5) NEW BUSINESS: A. Resolution authorizing temporary installation of traffic control devices in Lancaster County. (R-17-0076)
B. Resolution in the matter of witness fees paid by Lancaster County, which have remained unclaimed for six months or more. (R-17-0077)
C. Agreement between the United States Marshals and Lancaster County, on behalf of the Lancaster County Sheriff, for use of the County Firearms Range for training and qualification testing. Term of the agreement is for five years. (C-17-0806)
D. Amendment to County Contract C-16-0238 with One Source The Background Check Company to provide employment and volunteer background investigation services (Bid No. 13-260). The term of the agreement is a three month extension from October 18, 2017 to January 17, 2018. The cost to the County is not to exceed $1,100. (C-17-0800)
E. Amendment to County Contract C-13-0494 with Garcia-Chicoine Enterprises, Inc., using the State of Nebraska Department of Roads Contract No. HH1305 for the maintenance and repair of guardrails. The amendment renews the contract from September 1, 2017 through August 31, 2018. The estimated cost to the County is not to exceed $6,000. (C-17-0802)
F. Acceptance of Grant from the U.S. Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women, Award No. 2017-WE-AX-0013, in the amount of $240,000. The grant period is October 1, 2017 to September 30, 2019. (C-17-0807)
6) CONSENT ITEMS: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. Receive and place on file the following reports for September, 2017: 1. Assessor/Register of Deeds 2. Clerk of the District Court 3. County Clerk B. Utility Permits with the following: 1. No. 1597 allowing Lincoln Electric System (LES) to install new underground conduit under Pioneers Boulevard 985 feet east of South 1st Street. There is no cost to the County. (C-17-0801) 2. No. 1601 allowing Lincoln Electric System (LES) to install new power poles adjacent to Rokeby Road from South 84th Street to South 91st Street. There is no cost to the County. (C-17-0803) 3. No. 1602 allowing Lincoln Electric System (LES) to install a new overhead power line adjacent to Rokeby Road from South 70th Street to South 84th Street. There is no cost to the County. (C-17-0804) 4. No. 1599 allowing Unite Private Networks to install fiber optic cable adjacent to Southwest 58th Street from West Olive Creek Road to West Panama Road. There is no cost to the County. (C-17-0805) C. Setting a public hearing for the One and Six-Year Road and Bridge Improvement Program, on Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 7:00 p.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln).
7) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County business not on the agenda may do so at this time.
8) ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a staff meeting on Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 8:30 a.m., in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold their next regular meeting on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln) with the Board of Equalization immediately following. C. The County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or email@example.com. D. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live on LNKTV City. For the rebroadcast schedule visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: LNKTV). Meetings are also streamed live on LNKTV and can be viewed on YouTube (LNKTVcity).
1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Equalization meeting held on Tuesday, September 19, 2017. 2) ADDITIONS AND DEDUCTIONS TO THE TAX ASSESSMENT ROLLS: (See attached additions and deductions.) 3) CERTIFICATION OF 2017-2018 TAX LEVIES 4) NOTICE OF ASSESSED VALUATION CHANGE FOR PROPERTY TAXATION PURPOSES: A. Hepburn Properties, LLC 5) PUBLIC HEARINGS: A. Notice of Proposed Change in Exemption Status (See correlating item 6) 1. Lincoln Christian Fellowship, Inc. 2. Guardians Incorporated B. Motor Vehicle Tax Exemption Applications (See correlating item 7) Connecting Pointe Church of the Nazarene Indian Center, Inc. Evangelical United Lutheran Church (ELCA) Lighthouse Girl Scouts Spirit of Nebraska Linh Quang Budhist Center Good Neighbor Community Center Messiah Lutheran Church and School Immanuel New Bethel Bibleway Apostolic Temple Church 6) ACTION ON PROPOSED CHANGE IN EXEMPTION STATUS 7) ACTION ON MOTOR VEHICLE TAX EXEMPTION APPLICATIONS 8) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County Board of Equalization business not on the agenda may do so at this time. Per the Lancaster County Board of Commissioners' Guidelines for Public Participation each speaker is limited to five (5) minutes. Time limits may be extended or reasonably decreased at the discretion of the County Board Chair. The public comment period is limited to one (1) hour in duration. 9) ADJOURNMENT