1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, October 10, 2017.
2) CLAIMS: A. Approval of all claims processed through October 17, 2017.
3) PUBLIC HEARINGS: A. Class C liquor license application for NuMark Golf Course, LLC, 8901 Augusta Drive, Lincoln, Nebraska.
B. Manager application for Kinsey Bauer in connection with a Class C liquor license for NuMark Golf Course, LLC, 8901 Augusta Drive, Lincoln, Nebraska. (See correlating item 5A)
4) UNFINISHED BUSINESS: A. Acceptance of a Deputy Sheriff's temporary retirement buyout program application and agreement between the County of Lancaster, Nebraska and Mike Novacek, an employee of the Lancaster County Sheriff's Office. Mr. Novacek's resignation is effective February 8, 2018. (C-17-0776)
5) NEW BUSINESS: B. Liability insurance coverage with the National Legal Aid and Defender Association (NLADA) Service Corporation for the Lancaster County Public Defender's Office, in the amount of $6,267.55. The policy begins on November 1, 2017 for a period of 12 months.
C. Emergency Management Performance Grant from NEMA to Lancaster County, on behalf of Lincoln-Lancaster County Emergency Management, in the amount of $153,377 for the period of July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018. (C-17-0815)
D. Interlocal agreement amongst the counties of Cass, Gage, Fillmore, Jefferson, Johnson, Lancaster, Nemaha, Otoe, Pawnee, Richardson, Saline, Seward, Thayer and York, establishing the Southeast Region. (C-17-0816)
E. Nebraska Department of Transportation Highway Safety Office (NDOT-HSO) mini-grant contract application and award for the purchase of two in-car camera systems for the Lancaster County Sheriff's Office. Lancaster County will pay $2,590 and NDOT-HSO will pay $7,000. (C-17-0817)
F. Nebraska Department of Transportation Highway Safety Office (NDOT-HSO) mini-grant contract application and award for the purchase of two radars for the Lancaster County Sheriff's Office. Lancaster County will pay $3,932 and NDOT-HSO will pay $1,800. (C-17-0818)
G. Agreement with Big Rig Truck Accessories to provide unique services to upgrade the Lancaster County Sheriff's Emergency Response Vehicle. Work is to be completed 10 days from delivery of the truck to contractor. The cost to the County is $7,067.18. (C-17-0819)
H. Agreement between The Bridge Behavioral Health and Lancaster County, on behalf of Lancaster County Community Corrections, to provide alcohol treatment services for the County's 24/7 sobriety program. Term of the contract is from October 10, 2017 through June 30, 2018. The cost to the County is $12,000. (C-17-0820)
I. Amendment to County Contract C-16-0203 with Volunteer Partners to assist in community resource allocation and coordination for the training and education of Adult Drug Court Program participants. The amendment extends the term through December 31, 2017 and provides for additional services during the extended term. The cost to the County is $15,400. (C-17-0821)
J. Letter of acceptance for Special Permit No. 17030, as approved by the Lincoln-Lancaster County Planning Commission on August 30, 2017, allowing Trabert Hall and its site to be used for up to 57,735 square feet of office space, or up to 60 dwelling units, or a combination thereof approved by the Planning Director.
K. Resolution concurring with selection of Pavers Companies as the contractor to perform work pursuant to program agreement with the Nebraska Department of Roads for maintenance of Branched Oak Lake North Road (Project SRR-7831(1)), approving of the plans and specifications, and authorizing the Chair of the Board to sign the resulting contract with contractor. Pavers' winning bid is in the amount of $499,965.03. (R-17-0078)
L. Resolution authorizing temporary installation of traffic control devices in Lancaster County. (R-17-0079)
M. Recommendation from the Purchasing Department and the County Engineer to award a contract for roof replacement at Waverly salt dome and two maintenance buildings to Stonebrook Roofing, Inc., and Paladin, LLC (Bid No. 17-258). The total amount is $44,512.10. (B-17-0258)
N. Recommendation from the Purchasing Department and the Lancaster County Sheriff's Office to award contracts to Ryders Public Safety ($25,125), Don's Pioneer Uniforms (DEK Corp) ($8,492.56) and Bob Barker Company, Inc. ($1,283.20) for the annual supply of Sheriff uniform clothing and accessories (Bid No. 17-233). The estimated total amount for all three companies is $34,900.76. (B-17-0233)
O. Recommendation from the Purchasing Department and County Departments to award a contract to Armored Knights, Inc., for armored car services (Bid No. 17-262). The estimated cost to the County for the initial four-year term is $32,000. (B-17-0262)
P. Sole source contract with Ron Turley Associates, Inc., to provide RTA fleet management software. Term of the contract is two years from September 1, 2017 through August 30, 2019. The cost to the County is not to exceed $12,000. (C-17-0812)
Q. Amendments to the following contracts for the annual supply of tires, tubes and tire repair services (Bid No. 13-175). The amendments extend the contracts from November 1, 2017 through December 31, 2018. The cost to the County is not to exceed a combined total of $15,000. 1. County Contract C-17-0578 with Bauer Built Tire & Service. (C-17-0808) 2. County Contract C-17-0579 with Cross-Dillon Tire. (C-17-0809)
R. Amendments to the following contracts for the annual requirements of exam gloves (Bid No. 15-131). The amendments renew the contracts from November 3, 2017 through November 2, 2018. 1. County Contract C-15-0586 with McKesson Medical-Surgical Minnesota Supply, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $8,000. (C-17-0810) 2. County Contract C-15-0576 with MMS-A Medical Supply Company, in an amount not to exceed $12,000. (C-17-0811)
S. Amendment to County Contract C-13-0549 with Company Care for employee medical exams (Bid No. 13-197). The amendment extends the contract from November 4, 2017 through February 3, 2018. The cost to the County is not to exceed $4,500. (C-17-0813)
T. Contract agreement with Donald P. Belau, Ph.D., in the amount of $6,000 for facilitation of the Youth Crisis Response System. The contract is funded by the Nebraska Commission on Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Juvenile Services Aid Grant (#17-CB-539). The term of the grant is July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018. (C-17-0814)
6) CONSENT ITEMS: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. Revised Development and Conditional Zoning Agreement among Doug Derscheid, Casey's Retail Company and Lancaster County related to Change of Zone No. 17025 CZ17025 on land generally located at 10200 South 158th Street, Lancaster County. (C-17-0822) B. Receive and place on file the following reports: 1. County Engineer - July to September, 2017 2. Records and Information Management - September, 2017
7) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County business not on the agenda may do so at this time.
LANCASTER COUNTY BOARD OF EQUALIZATION
1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Equalization meeting held on Tuesday, October 10, 2017.
2) ADDITIONS AND DEDUCTIONS TO THE TAX ASSESSMENT ROLLS: (See attached additions and deductions.)
3) PUBLIC HEARING: A. Motor Vehicle Tax Exemption Applications (See correlating item 4) 1. Calvary Community Church 2. House of Prayer
4) ACTION ON MOTOR VEHICLE TAX EXEMPTION APPLICATIONS
5) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County Board of Equalization business not on the agenda may do so at this time.