1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, October 24, 2017.
2) CLAIMS: A. Approval of all claims processed through October 31, 2017.
3) SPECIAL PRESENTATION: A. Regional Prevention Coalition Annual Presentation - Sandy Morrissey, Regional Prevention Coalition (RPC) Director.
4) NEW BUSINESS: A. Resolution in the matter of adopting procedures and standards for administrating liquor license applications, including renewals and special designated licenses (SDLs), in Lancaster County, Nebraska. (R-17-0082)
B. Resolution in the matter of striking uncollectible property tax from the tax list. (R-17-0083)
C. Engagement letter from Baylor Evnen to provide professional legal services to Lancaster County.
D. Mini-grant contract application and award with the Nebraska Office of Highway Safety to pay overtime in the amount of $5,599 for the "You Drink and Drive. You Lose." crackdown. (C-17-0848)
E. Mini-grant contract application and award with the Nebraska Office of Highway Safety to pay overtime in the amount of $5,090 for the "Click It or Ticket" mobilization. (C-17-0849)
F. Amendment to County Contract C-11-0164 with Clean and Sober Living for sober living units. The amendment renews the lease agreements for an additional one-year term from July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018. (C-17-0850)
G. Standardized System of Annual Reporting (SSAR) Certification for roads, streets and highway programs for fiscal year ending June 30, 2017.
H. Recommendation from the Purchasing Department and the Selection Committee to award a contract to Midwest Office Automations for cost-per-copy services (Bid No. 17-199). The total estimated cost to the County for the initial four-year term is $569,274. (B-17-0199)
I. Recommendation from the Purchasing Department and County Corrections to award a contract to Sioux Sales Company and Ray O'Herron Co., Inc., for the annual supply of corrections uniform accessories (Bid No. 17-162 and Quote 5708). The estimated four-year term amount for Bid No. 17-162 is $23,000 and the estimated four-year term amount for Quote 5708 is $27,500 for a combined estimated total of $50,500. (B-17-0162)
J. Contracts with the following to provide the annual supply of sheriff uniform clothing and accessories (Bid No. 17-233). Terms of the contracts are one year from the date of execution. 1. Ryders Public Safety, in an amount not to exceed $26,000. (C-17-0843) 2. Don's Pioneer Uniforms, in an amount not to exceed $8,500. (C-17-0844) 3. Bob Barker Company, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $1,500. (C-17-0845)
K. Amendment to County Contract C-16-0240 with Jim Peterson Auction services to dispose of unclaimed/abandoned property (Bid No. 13-091). The amendment extends the contract from December 1, 2017 through February 28, 2018. The cost to the County is not to exceed $4,500. (C-17-0835)
L. Amendments to the following contracts for the annual requirements of pumping, hauling and disposal services for liquid waste products (Bid No. 13-173). The amendments extend the contracts from November 3, 2017 through February 2, 2018. 1. County Contract C-17-0705 with A 1st Rate Pumping Service, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $1,500. (C-17-0836) 2. County Contract C-17-0706 with Tan-Aire, Inc., in amount not to exceed $500. (C-17-0837)
M. Amendments to the following contracts for the annual requirements of asphaltic concrete (Bid No. 15-186). The amendments renew the contracts from November 2, 2017 through November 1, 2018. The amount is not to exceed $25,000 for all contracts. 1. County Contract C-15-0545 with Cather & Son's Construction, Inc. (C-17-0838) 2. County Contract C-15-0456 with Constructors, Inc. (C-17-0839) 3. County Contract C-15-0544 with Pavers, Inc. (C-17-0840)
N. Amendment to County Contract C-15-0111 with W.W. Grainger, Inc., using the NJPA RFP No. 091214 for facilities maintenance, repair and operating supplies. The amendment renews the contract from October 22, 2017 through October 21, 2018. The cost to the County is not to exceed $25,000. (C-17-0842)
O. Amendment to County Contract C-14-0399 with Truck Center Companies for the annual requirements of construction and landfill equipment repair (Bid No. 14-160). The cost to the County will not increase due to a price increase from $115 to $119 per hour. (C-17-0847)
P. Grant contract with Families Inspiring Families in the amount of $15,000 for the Parent Support Liaison program. The contract is funded by Juvenile Justice Prevention Funds for the period of July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018. (C-17-0841)
Q. Amendment to County Contract C-13-0471 with CenterPoint Energy Services for the annual supply of natural gas (Bid No. 13-239). The amendment renews the contract from November 1, 2017 through October 31, 2019. The cost to the County is not to exceed $40,000. (C-17-0857)
5) CONSENT ITEMS: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. Receive and place on the file the following reports: 1. County Sheriff - September, 2017 2. County Treasurer Report of 2016 Distress Warrants B. Right-of-way contracts between Lancaster County and the following: 1. Francke Farms, Inc., County Culvert CP-J-223, South 176th Street and A Street (Tract 1), in the amount of $559. (C-17-0851) 2. William W. Waddell, II, Trustee and Living Trust, County Culvert CP-J-223, South 176th Street and A Street (Tract 2), in the amount of $703. (C-17-0852) 3. R. Thomas Zumpfe, County Culvert CP-J-223, South 176th Street and A Street (Tract 3), in the amount of $343. (C-17-0853) C. Utility Permit No. 1613 allowing Zito Midwest, LLC to install underground fiber optic cable from Northwest 140th Street and West Waverly Road to Northwest 126th Street and West Ashland Road. There is no cost to the County. (C-17-0846)
6) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County business not on the agenda may do so at this time.
7) ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a staff meeting on Thursday, November 2, 2017 at 8:30 a.m., in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold their next regular meeting on Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). C. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a public hearing on the One and Six-Year Road and Bridge Improvement Program on Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 7:00 p.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). D. The County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or email@example.com. E. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live on LNKTV City. For the rebroadcast schedule visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: LNKTV). Meetings are also streamed live on LNKTV and can be viewed on YouTube (LNKTVcity).