A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, October 31, 2017.
2) CLAIMS: A. Approval of all claims processed through November 7, 2017.
3) SPECIAL PRESENTATON: A. Commissioners' Award of Excellence - October Winner - Brenda Reining, Community Corrections, in the category of Productivity.
A. Resolution in the matter of proclaiming Tuesday, November 7, 2017 as Lancaster County Election Worker Recognition Day.
B. Resolution authorizing the installation of a driveway warning sign on Alvo Road, in Lancaster County. (R-17-0085)
C. Federal Equitable Sharing Agreement and Annual Certification Report for the Lancaster County Attorney's Office regarding equitable sharing activity of drug forfeiture funds for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2017. (C-17-0866)
D. Electronic Permitting Agent Agreement between Nebraska Game and Parks Commission and Lancaster County, on behalf of the Lancaster County Treasurer's Office. The Agreement allows the Treasurer's Office to issue hunting, fishing, park permits and stamps for the Commission. The Treasurer's Office will receive issuing fees as set forth in the Agreement. (C-17-0868)
E. Contract with Dr. Jose Gary B. Nadala to provide psychiatrist services at the Mental Health Crisis Center for the period from November 1, 2017 through June 30, 2017. The cost to the County is $725 per 24-hour coverage period. (C-17-0869)
F. Agreement with Maximus, Inc., for professional consulting services to provide cost allocation plans and collections from programs which the County operates with outside funding for fiscal years 2017, 2018 and 2019. The County will pay $8,500 per year for the services. (C-17-0870)
G. Agreement between Char Estes and Lancaster County, on behalf of the Lancaster County Department of Community Corrections, to provide Safety Training Option Program (STOP) instruction to participants eligible to participate in the Lancaster County Traffic Diversion Program. The County shall pay $100 per STOP class instructed. Term of the agreement is July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018. (C-17-0871)
H. Amendment to County Contract C-16-0670 with Patricia Westendorf. The amendment changes the contractor's name and updates the notices provisions of the contract. (C-17-0872)
I. Contract with GT Distributors, Inc., to provide the annual supply of sheriff duty leather accessories (Quote No. 5736). The term of the contract is one year from the date of execution. The cost to the County is not to exceed $3,100. (C-17-0856)
J. Contract with Vulcan Signs (Vulcan Inc.) to provide the annual supply of traffic sign faces (Bid No. 17-239). The term of the contract is one year from the date of execution. The cost to the County is not to exceed $16,828.55 (C-17-0858)
K. Contract with PageFreezer Software, Inc., to provide annual social media archive services for Lancaster County Social Services (Quote No. 5734). The term of the contract is one year from the date of execution. The cost to the County is not to exceed $6,200. (C-17-0860)
L. Contract between Vulcan Signs (Vulcan Inc.) to provide the annual supply of aluminum sign blanks (Bid No. 17-240). The term of the contract is one year from the date of execution. The cost to the County is not to exceed $8,000. (C-17-0861)
M. Amendment to County Contract C-17-0295 with Platte Valley Equipment for annual rental services of four two-wheel drive tractors (Bid No. 17-107). The cost to the County will not increase due to the rental of an additional tractor. (C-17-0855)
N. Amendment to County Contract C-13-0550 with Rochester Armored Car for the annual requirements of armored car services (Bid No. 13-280). The amendment extends the contract for two months from November 5, 2017 through December 31, 2017. The estimated cost to the County is not to exceed $3,000. (C-17-0864)
5) CONSENT ITEMS: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. Receive and place on file the following reports for October, 2017: 1. Assessor/Register of Deeds 2. Clerk of the District Court 3. County Clerk 4. Records and Information Management B. Utility Permits with the following: 1. Utility Permit No. 1615 allowing Nebraska Prairie, LLC to construct a berm adjacent to the east side of South 148th Street from South Street to Van Dorn Street. There is no cost to the County. (C-17-0854) 2. Utility Permit No. 1618 allowing Black Hills Energy to install a natural gas line under the north side of Saltillo Road from approximately South 14th Street to South 21st Street. There is no cost to the County. (C-17-0859) 3. Utility Permit No. 1619 allowing Windstream Nebraska, Inc., to extend new fiber optic cable service under 148th Street and Old Cheney Road westerly to 14400 Old Cheney Road. There is no cost to the County. (C-17-0862) 4. Utility Permit No. 1620 allowing Windstream Nebraska, Inc., to extend new fiber optic cable service under West Mill Road and Northwest 18th Street. There is no cost to the County. (C-17-0863) 5. Utility Permit No. 1617 allowing Nebraska Prairie, LLC to construct a dirt berm on County right-of-way adjacent to property located at 2400 South 148th Street. There is no cost to the County. (C-17-0865)
6) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County business not on the agenda may do so at this time.
7) ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a public hearing on the One and Six-Year Road and Bridge Improvement Program on Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 7:00 p.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a staff meeting on Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 8:30 a.m., in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). C. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold their next regular meeting on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln) with the Board of Equalization immediately following. D. The County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or email@example.com. E. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live on LNKTV City. For the rebroadcast schedule visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: LNKTV). Meetings are also streamed live on LNKTV and can be viewed on YouTube (LNKTVcity).