1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, November 7, 2017.
B. Approval of the minutes of the One and Six Road and Bridge Program public hearing held on Tuesday, November 7, 2017.
2) CLAIMS: A. Approval of all claims processed through November 14, 2017.
3) NEW BUSINESS: A. Interlocal agreement with the City of Waverly for three Sheriff's Deputies for law enforcement services within the corporate limits of the City of Waverly. Waverly will pay the County $27,548.29 per month. Term of the agreement is October 1, 2017 through September 30, 2018. (C-17-0879)
B. Agreement between Justin Coleman and Lancaster County, on behalf of Lancaster County Community Corrections, to provide psycho-educational class instruction to participants of Lancaster County's Pretrial Diversion Program. The County shall pay $20 per hour, not to exceed 20 hours per week, for the services provided. Term of the agreement is July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018. (C-17-0880)
C. Agreement between Judy Manhas and Lancaster County, on behalf of Lancaster County Community Corrections to provide Safety Training Option Program (STOP) instruction to participants eligible to participate in the Lancaster County Traffic Diversion Program. The County shall pay $100 per STOP class instructed. Term of the agreement is November 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018. (C-17-0881)
D. Agreement with St. Monica's for substance abuse evaluations and substance abuse education classes for female inmates in the custody of Lancaster County Jail. The County will pay $150 per evaluation of a maximum of three evaluations per month and $115 per substance abuse education class. Term of the contract is December 1, 2017 through November 30, 2019. (C-17-0882)
E. Run-out addendum to County Contract C-16-0222 with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska. The addendum provides for the administration of claims received by BCBSNE between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018. The cost to the County is 6% of net paid claims. (C-17-0883)
F. Memorandum of Understanding between Cash-Wa Distribution Company, Inc., and Lancaster County, using the University of Nebraska - Lincoln contract RFP No. 2335-14-5010 to provide food service and related items. Term of the contract is upon execution through July 31, 2018. Pricing will be pursuant to the lead contract. The cost to the County is not to exceed $6,000. (C-17-0876)
G. Memorandum of Understanding with Credible Behavioral Health, Inc., using the Rappahannock-Rapidan Community Services contract to provide software technology solutions - electronic health records (RFP 2012-1). Term of the contract is five years from the date of execution, not including the implementation period. Pricing will be pursuant to the lead contract and Attachment A. The cost to the County is not to exceed $330,000 during this term. (C-17-0877)
H. Recommendation from the Purchasing Department and County Weed Control Authority to award a purchase order to Husker Auto Group, using State of Nebraska contract 14853 OC for the purchase of a 2018 Chevrolet half-ton extended cab 4x4 pickup truck. The cost to the County is $27, 618. (C-17-0875)
I. Recommendation from the Purchasing Department and County Engineer to award a purchase order to NMC for two articulated frame four wheel drive motor graders from the State of Nebraska contract 14192OC. The total amount of the life cycle cost is $472,960.06 or $20.27 per hour. The total amount of the purchase order is $413,000. (C-17-0878)
J. First amendment to County Contract C-17-0241 with JEO to add additional plan preparation services related to structure H-119. The cost to the County for the additional services is $5,000. (C-17-0884)
K. Professional services contract with Schemmer for professional engineering services for survey and hydraulic analysis of structures B-147 and E-117. Work is to be completed on or before January 22, 2018. The cost to the County is $16,800. (C-17-0885)
L. Contract with Paladin, LLC to provide roof replacement for Waverly buildings and salt dome (Bid No. 17-258). Work under the contract will begin as soon as possible from the date of execution. The cost to the County is not to exceed $22,745.10. (C-17-0874)
M. Amendment to County Contract C-14-0620 with Lampe's Clean Air Specialists for the annual supply of HVAC filters (Bid No. 14-249). The amendment renews the contract from December 9, 2017 through December 8, 2018. The cost to the County is not to exceed $4,000. (C-17-0873)
N. Contracts with the following medical providers for specialized care of General Assistance clients. Providers will be reimbursed at the Medicaid rate. 1. Advanced Medical Imaging (C-17-0891) 2. Radiology Associates (C-17-0892)
4) CONSENT ITEMS: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. Right-of-way contracts between Lancaster County and the following: 1. Jerry and Martha Minchow, Trustees, North 98th Street and Davey Road, in the total amount of $866. (2 contracts) (C-17-0886) (C-17-0887) 2. Nancy Mocroft and David Paulson, Trustees, North 176th Street and Alvo Road, in the total amount of $830. (2 contracts) (C-17-0888) (C-17-0889) 3. Dale and Helen Maahs, Co-Trustees, North 176th Street and Alvo Road, in the amount of $15,655. (C-17-0890) B. 2017 Certification of County Highway Superintendent for Determining Department of Roads Incentive Payment from January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017.
5) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County business not on the agenda may do so at this time.
6) ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will meet with the Lancaster County Agricultural Society on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 7:00 p.m., at the Lancaster Event Center in the Lancaster Room (4100 N 84th Street, Lincoln). B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a staff meeting on Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 8:30 a.m., in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). C. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold their next regular meeting on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln) with the Board of Equalization immediately following. D. The County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or firstname.lastname@example.org. E. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live on LNKTV City. For the rebroadcast schedule visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: LNKTV). Meetings are also streamed live on LNKTV and can be viewed on YouTube (LNKTVcity).
1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Equalization meeting held on Tuesday, October 24, 2017.
2) ADDITIONS AND DEDUCTIONS TO THE TAX ASSESSMENT ROLLS
3) PUBLIC HEARINGS: A. PROPERTY TAX EXEMPTION APPLICATION: (See correlating item 4) 1. Clark Jeary
B. MOTOR VEHICLE TAX EXEMPTION APPLICATIONS: (See correlating item 5) Catholic Social Services Nebraska Crop Improvement Association Community Blood Bank of the LCMS Pius X High School Doane University Saint Paul United Methodist Church Immanuel School Sisters of Christ the King Lincoln Katz Youth Group Tabitha, Inc. Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital
4) ACTION ON PROPERTY TAX EXEMPTION APPLICATION
5) ACTION ON MOTOR VEHICLE TAX EXEMPTION APPLICATIONS
6) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County Board of Equalization business not on the agenda may do so at this time.