1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, November 21, 2017.
2) CLAIMS: A. Approval of all claims processed through November 28, 2017.
3) NEW BUSINESS: A. Resolution in the matter of authorizing use of County Visitors Improvement Fund for visitor promotion. (R-17-0088)
B. Setting the salary for Mark Grimes, Lancaster County District Court Staff Attorney, at Step 3 ($60,862.88) under Resolution R-17-0054, effective December 4, 2017.
C. Contract with Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services to reimburse Lancaster County for the personal service costs of deputy county attorneys associated with termination of parental rights actions. The County will receive no more than $104,500 under the contract. The term of the contract is from October 1, 2017 through September 30, 2018. (C-17-0911)
D. Memorandum of Understanding with SHI International Corp., using the State of Arizona NASPO ValuePoint Contract (ADSPO16-130651) to provide Peak Agenda Management Software. The term of the contract is one year from the date of execution. Pricing will be pursuant to Attachment A of the Memorandum of Understanding. The cost to the County is not to exceed $6,240.35. (C-17-0917)
E. Amendment #1 to County Contract C-17-0278 between Olsson Associates and Lancaster County on behalf of the Lancaster County Engineer's Office to perform a Tier 1 site investigation on property located at 110 O Street, Lincoln, Nebraska. The amendment provides for abandoning four monitoring wells on the property. The cost to the County is $1,480. (C-17-0915)
F. Recommendation from the Purchasing Department and various County Departments to award a contract to Rochester Armored Car for armored car services (Bid No. 17-290). The estimated expenditures for the term of the contract is $56,160. (B-17-0290)
G. Amendment to County Contract C-15-0623 with Cash Money 24/7 LLC for providing and servicing automated teller machines (ATMs) (Quote No. 5219). The amendment renews the contract from December 8, 2017 through December 7, 2018. (C-17-0900)
H. Amendment to County Contract C-16-0698 with Sapp Bros. Petroleum, Inc., for the annual supply of absorbents - floor dry (Quote 5498). The amendment renews the contract from December 11, 2017 through December 10, 2018. The cost to the County is not to exceed $1,000. (C-17-0910)
I. Amendment to County Contract C-16-0668 with Rise N' Shine for cleaning services at the County Engineering Office, Shop and Weed Control Office (Bid No. 16-228). The amendment renews the contract for a term beginning November 28, 2017 through November 27, 2018. The cost to the County is not to exceed $5,400. (C-17-0914)
J. Amendment to County Contract C-17-0178 with Strategic Equipment, LLC using the State of Nebraska Contract No. 14700 OC for commercial kitchen equipment and related supplies. The amendment renews the contract from November 21, 2017 through November 20, 2018. The estimated cost to the County is not to exceed $5,000. (C-17-0912)
K. Amendment to County Contract C-12-0181 with Kohll's Pharmacy & Homecare, Inc., for pharmacy services for General Assistance. The amendment adds language into Section 2 of the contract to provide for pharmaceutical pricing pursuant to the 340B Drug Pricing Program. (C-17-0913)
L. Amendment to County Contract C-17-0458 with People's Health Center for the primary medical care of General Assistance clients. The amendment revises Section 6.G of the contract to facilitate pharmaceutical pricing pursuant to the 340B Drug Pricing Program. (C-17-0916)
4) CONSENT ITEMS: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. Right-of-way contracts between Lancaster County and the following: 1. Karen and Gregory Pester, Trustees, Southwest 62nd Street and Olive Creek Road, in the amount of $2,368.50. (C-17-0908) 2. Roberta S. Pfister Unified Credit Trust, North 176th Street and Alvo Road, in the amount of $2,535. (C-17-0909)
5) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County business not on the agenda may do so at this time.
6) ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a strategic planning meeting on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at 11:30 a.m. at UNICO, 1128 Lincoln Mall, Suite 200, Lincoln, Nebraska. B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a staff meeting on Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 8:30 a.m., in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). C. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold their next regular meeting on Tuesday, December 5, 2017 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). D. The County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or firstname.lastname@example.org. E. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live on LNKTV City. For the rebroadcast schedule visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: LNKTV). Meetings are also streamed live on LNKTV and can be viewed on YouTube (LNKTVcity).