A replay of the Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting held on December 5, 2017.
1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, November 28, 2017.
1) MINUTES: B. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting (Strategic Planning) held on Tuesday, November 28, 2017.
2) CLAIMS: A. Approval of all claims processed through December 5, 2017.
3) NEW BUSINESS: A. Letter designating Aetna Life Insurance Company, and subsidiaries and affiliates of Aetna to the extent specifically designated as such by Aetna, as the Named Fiduciaries of the Lancaster County self-funded health care program.
B. Authorize Doug Cyr, Chief Deputy County Attorney, to execute the legal representation letter of agreement with Kutak Rock, LLP, for the purpose of providing legal services regarding the County's retirement plan. (C-17-0924)
C. Amendment to County Contract C-11-0724 with Eletech, Inc., for Annual Requirements - Elevator Service, Maintenance and Testing (Bid No. 11-206). The amendment renews the contract from January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018. The cost to the County is not to exceed $10,000. (C-17-0922)
D. Amendment to County Contract C-16-0031 with Audio Marketing Solutions Inc., dba Americom Communications Corporation, using the Lincoln Public Schools Unit Price Contract No. IDPG 2013 3932 for Electronic Video Surveillance Equipment and Installation. The amendment renews the contract from December 1, 2017 through November 30, 2018. The estimated cost to the County is not to exceed $45,000. (C-17-0920)
E. Amendment to County Contract C-16-0032 with Inteconnect, Inc., dba Inteconnex, using University of Nebraska RFP #2307-14-4617 for Electronic Video Surveillance Equipment and Installation. The amendment renews the contract from December 1, 2017 through November 30, 2018. The estimated cost to the County is not to exceed $4,000. (C-17-0929)
F. Amendment to County Contract C-16-0707 with Altec Industries for Annual Service - Preventative Maintenance and Inspection for Aerial Lifts and Trucks (Quote No. 5482). The amendment renews the contract from December 29, 2017 through December 28, 2018 and reflects a price increase and additional services. The cost to the County shall not exceed $1,000. (C-17-0918)
G. Amendment to County Contract C-11-0449 with Fresh Start for sober living units. The amendment renews the agreement from July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018. (C-17-0923)
H. Amendment to County Contract No. C-14-0606 with Sarpy County to provide microfilming and scanning services. The amendment extends the term of the agreement from February 1, 2018 through January 31, 2019. (C-17-0926)
I. Contract with Integrated Cardiology Group LLC dba Bryan Heart for specialized care of General Assistance Clients. The provider will be reimbursed at the Medicaid rate. (C-17-0925)
J. Contract with K2 Construction to provide Adult Detention Facility East Ditch Erosion Repair (Bid No.17-281). Work under the contract will begin as soon as possible from the date of execution. The cost to the County is not to exceed $72,999. (C-17-0921)
K. Contract with Carahsoft Technology Corporation, using the State of Utah's NASPO ValuePoint Contract AR2472, to provide Cloud Solutions - Qualtrics Research Suite. The term of the contract is for one (1) year from the date of execution. Pricing will be pursuant to the Lead Contract and Attachment A from Carahsoft and Attachment C Contract Pricing. The cost to the County is not to exceed $12,000. (C-17-0927)
4) CONSENT ITEMS: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. Utility Permit No. 1622 allowing Magellan Midstream LP to repair underground gas pipeline at Southwest 12th Street & West Foreman Drive. There is no cost to the County. (C-17-0919) B. Right-of-way contract with Union Bank and Trust, Trustee for Brenda M. Earlywine Trust, North 98th Street and Davey Road, in the amount of $811. (C-17-0928) C. Receive and place on file the following monthly reports: 1. County Sheriff - October 2017 2. County Clerk - November 2017 3. Clerk of the District Court - November 2017
5) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County business not on the agenda may do so at this time.
6) ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a staff meeting on Thursday, December 7, 2017 at 8:30 a.m., in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold their next regular meeting on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln), with the Board of Equalization immediately following. C. The County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or email@example.com. D. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live on LNKTV City. For the rebroadcast schedule visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: LNKTV). Meetings are also streamed live on LNKTV and can be viewed on YouTube (LNKTVcity).