1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, December 5, 2017.
2) CLAIMS: A. Approval of all claims processed through December 12, 2017.
3) NEW BUSINESS: A. Special designated license application from Meier's Wine, Inc., for a reception at Southwest 33rd Street and Bow Bridge Drive, Lincoln, on January 25, 2018.
B. Political Subdivision Tort Claims filed against Lancaster County Corrections by the City of Lincoln: 1. For an incident on July 10, 2017, in the amount of $1,373.67. 2. For an incident on July 25, 2017, in the amount of $483.50.
C. Recommendation from the Purchasing Department and Emergency Management to award a contract for Lancaster County Emergency Management renovation and relocation to Meco-Henne Contracting (Bid No. 17-282). The total amount is $1,158,000. (B-17-0282)
D. Recommendation from the Purchasing Department and County Sheriff's Office to award a purchase order to Anderson Ford for the purchase of a 2018 Ford Police Utility Vehicle using State of Nebraska contract (No. 14611OC). The total cost to the County is $30,024. (C-17-0933)
E. Resolution authorizing action with respect to traffic control devices in Lancaster County. (R-17-0089)
F. Roadside Memorial Signs Policy.
G. Amendment to County Contract C-17-0463 with TCW Construction, Inc. for replacement of Structures H-128, H-130 and J-143. With respect to Structure H-130, the amendment removes earthwork measured in embankment and adds excavation for pipe, pipe-arch culverts, and headwall, resulting in a decrease of $402.50. (C-17-0935)
H. Amendment to County Contract C-17-0569 with Constructors, Inc., for the redecking of Bridge N-138. The amendment increases the amount of epoxy coated reinforcing steel for the bridge backwall resulting in an increase of $580.08. (C-17-0936)
J. Amendment to County Contract C-15-0316 with Legal Aid of Nebraska for legal services. The amendment increases compensation over the last 10 months of the contract from $38,250.83 per month to $56,016 per month. (C-17-0937)
I. Two quitclaim deeds related to real property generally located in a portion of South 54th Street vacated by County Resolution R-16-0014, in Lancaster County: 1. Acceptance of deed from Todd L. Buel, Trustee for Dennis L. Buel Revocable Trust. 2. Deed from Lancaster County to Dennis L. Buel and Malinda J. Buel, as trustees of the Dennis L. Buel Revocable Trust, and Dennis L. Buel and Malinda J. Buel, as trustees of the Malinda J. Buel Revocable Trust.
K. Contract with Midwest Office Automations to provide annual cost-per-copy services (Bid No. 17-199). The contract shall be effective upon execution for a four-year term. The cost to the County is not to exceed $569,274. (C-17-0934)
L. Amendment to County Contract C-17-0024 with Sapp Bros. Petroleum, Inc., for the annual supply of motor fuels (Bid No. 17-014). The amendment renews the contract from January 24, 2018 through January 23, 2019. The cost to the County is not to exceed $625,000. (C-17-0932)
4) CONSENT ITEMS: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. Receive and place on file the following monthly reports for November, 2017: 1. County Assessor/Register of Deeds 2. Records and Information Management B. Right-of-way contracts with the following: 1. Darrell and Lynette Teselle, 900 Princeton Road, in the amount of $20. (C-17-0938) 2. Eugene and Nancy Teselle, 900 Princeton Road, in the amount of $2,500. (C-17-0939)
5) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County business not on the agenda may do so at this time.
6) ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a staff meeting on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. or immediately following the Lancaster County Board of Equalization meeting, in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will not hold a staff meeting on Thursday, December 14, 2017 due to their attendance at the Nebraska Association of County Officials (NACO) Annual Conference in Kearney, Nebraska. C. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold their next regular meeting on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). D. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will be in recess from December 20, 2017 through January 3, 2018. E. The County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or email@example.com. F. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live on LNKTV City. For the rebroadcast schedule visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: LNKTV). Meetings are also streamed live on LNKTV and can be viewed on YouTube (LNKTVcity).
LANCASTER COUNTY BOARD OF EQUALIZATION
1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Equalization meeting held on Tuesday, November 21, 2017.
2) PUBLIC HEARING: A. MOTOR VEHICLE TAX EXEMPTION APPLICATIONS: (See correlating item 3) Boys & Girls Clubs of Lincoln/Lancaster County Nebraska Lutheran Campus Ministry Corporation Bryan Medical Center Northern Lighthouse Grace Lutheran Church Our Lady of Guadalupe Seminary Great Plains Community Church Sheridan Lutheran Church Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital St. Marks United Methodist Church
3) ACTION ON MOTOR VEHICLE TAX EXEMPTION APPLICATIONS
4) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County Board of Equalization business not on the agenda may do so at this time.