1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, December 12, 2017.
2) CLAIMS: A. Approval of all claims processed through December 19, 2017.
3) SPECIAL PRESENTATION: A. Commissioners' Award of Excellence - November Winner - Kelly Lundgren, County Clerk's Office, in the category of Productivity.
4) UNFINISHED BUSINESS: A. Resolution regarding the proposed sale of property generally located at 2201 South 11th Street in the City of Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska, which includes declaring that the property no longer serves a County purpose, determining fair market value and setting the date for sale of the property. (R-17-0050) (Held on 06/27/2017)
B. Roadside Memorial Signs Policy.
5) NEW BUSINESS: A. Promotion of Todd Molvar from Attorney I to Attorney II with an annual salary of $84,075.68 effective August 3, 2017.
B. Reappointment of Shar Sieck and appointment of Chris Scow and Trudy Pedley for three-year terms commencing January 1, 2018 and ending December 31, 2020; and appointment of Dena Noe for a two-year term to fill a vacated position commencing January 1, 2018 and ending December 31, 2019, to the Lancaster County Extension Board.
C. Agreement with Physicians Laboratory Services for forensic pathology services as the coroner's physician. The services shall be provided for the County through the County Attorney's Office. The services shall include forensic autopsies, coordination to provide a morgue facility and staff, coroner's call, testimony, additional tests and other services. The term of the agreement is 5 years from the date of execution. The County shall pay for services as provided in Attachment A. (C-17-0947)
D. Agreement and acceptance of proposal with the Lincoln League of Women Voters to assist with voter registration sites in Lancaster County. The County shall pay $4,000 for the services provided. Term of the agreement is September 1, 2017 through August 31, 2019. (C-17-0944)
E. Approval of mid-year budget memo.
F. Nebraska Department of Transportation Highway Safety Office preliminary breath tester mini-grant contract and award to provide funding of $1,770 to the Lancaster County Sheriff's Office to purchase six preliminary breath testers. There is no cost to the County. (C-17-0948)
G. Resolution in the matter of setting salaries for Elected County Officials for the 2019-2022 term. (R-17-0090)
H. Resolution in the matter of annual salary increases for appointed directors, assistant directors, bailiffs and the child support referee. All salary increases are effective December 21, 2017. (R-17-0094)
I. Resolution in the matter of designating banks as depositories for Lancaster County for 2018. (R-17-0091)
J. Resolution in the matter of authorizing the County Clerk to issue payments while the County Board is adjourned. (R-17-0092)
K. Resolution authorizing action with respect to traffic control devices in Lancaster County. (R-17-0093)
L. Recommendation from the Purchasing Department and the County Engineer to award a purchase order to Husker Auto Group using the State of Nebraska Contract #14584OC for a 2018 Chevrolet 3500HD work truck in a total amount of $38,197. (C-17-0945)
M. Amendment to County Contract C-17-0457 with Gana Trucking and Excavating for erosion control at three locations in Lancaster County. The amendment adds high porosity silt fencing at one location for an increase of $192.50. (C-17-0949)
N. Second amendment to County Contract C-17-0463 with TCW Construction, Inc., for replacement of Structures H-128, H-130 and J-143. The amendment extends the completion date for work on Structures H-128 and J-143 from December 18, 2017 to June 1, 2018. (C-17-0950)
O. Designation of official Lancaster County newspapers for 2018 publication of transportation projects as follows: Lincoln Journal Star, The Voice (Hickman) and The News (Waverly).
P. Amendment to County Contract C-14-0874 with Paladin, LLC for roof replacement for the Waverly buildings and salt dome. The estimated cost for the services will be increased $7,433 for a revised contract total amount of $30,178. (C-17-0941)
Q. Interlocal agreement with Seward County for the safekeeping, care and sustenance of preadjudicated juveniles at the Youth Services Center. Lancaster County will be reimbursed at the rate of $276 per juvenile per day. (C-17-0951)
R. Agreement with Continuum Employee Assistance to provide an employee assistance program for County employees. Term of the agreement is January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2020. The County will pay Continuum $20,499 per contract year. (C-17-0952)
S. Master Services Agreement with Aetna for claims administrative services for the Lancaster County Self-Funded Group Healthcare Program, effective January 1, 2018. (C-17-0953)
T. Amendment to the Master Services Agreement with Aetna for Claims Administrative Services for the Lancaster County Self-Funded Group Health Care Program effective January 1, 2018 to include Teladoc Program as part of the services. (C-17-0954)
U. Amendment to County Contract C-13-0550 with Rochester Armored Car for the annual requirements of armored car services (Bid No. 13-280). The amendment extends the contract for one month from January 1, 2018 through January 31, 2018. The estimated cost to the County is not to exceed $1,500. (C-17-0940)
V. Amendments to the following contracts for the annual supply of traffic channelizing and barricade devices (Bid No. 15-233). The amendments renew the contracts from January 5, 2018 through January 4, 2019. The cost to the County is not to exceed a combined total of $12,000. 1. County Contract C-16-0006 with All Road Barricades, Inc. (C-17-0942) 2. County Contract C-16-0007 with TrafFix Devices, Inc. (C-17-0943)
W. Amendment to County Contract C-13-0602 with Uribe Refuse Services, Inc., for the annual requirements of waste and recyclable collection services (Bid No. 13-304). The amendment renews the contract for a term beginning January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2021. The cost to the County is not to exceed $127,000. (C-17-0946)
X. Documents between Lancaster County and PJC Farms Limited Partnership related to the transfer of real property near Highway 77 and Yankee Hill Road in Lancaster County: 1. Agreement (C-17-0955) 2. Special Warranty Deed from Lancaster County to PJC Farms Limited Partnership
Y. Contract with Joseph Camarata, M.D., for specialized care of General Assistance clients. Providers will be reimbursed at the Medicaid rate. (C-17-0956)
6) CONSENT ITEMS: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. Utility Permit No. 1548 allowing ALLO Communications to install approximately 7.50 miles of new underground fiber optic cable at various locations from South 56th Street and Yankee Hill Road to South 70th Street and Rokeby Road. There is no cost to the County. (C-17-0867) B. Right-of-way contracts with the following: 1. Michael and Lettie Evans, Breagan Road and 1st Street, Cheney, in the amount of $8,288. (C-17-0957) 2. Dean Jeffrey, South 56th Street and Southdale Road, in the amount of $505. (C-17-0958) 3. Thomas and Laurie Bellinghausen, South 56th Street and Southdale Road, in the amount of $955. (C-17-0959) 4. Stevens Creek K, LLC and 2 K Holdings, LLC, North 148th Street and Holdrege Street, in the amount of $2,957.50. (C-17-0960) C. Receive and place on the file: 1. County Sheriff's report for November, 2017 2. Letter from Pioneer Overhead Door, Inc., terminating for convenience Unit Price Contract No. 16-289 for overhead door repair and replacement services, effective December 13, 2017. D. Setting public hearings on Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S 10th Street, Lincoln) for the following: 1. County Text Amendment No. 17014, amending Section 7.02 and Section 8.05 of the Lancaster County Subdivision Regulations, and Section 14.013 of the Lancaster County Zoning Regulations for CAD (Computer Aided Design/Drafting) Standards and Text Amendment No. 17018, amending Article 18 of the Lancaster County Zoning Resolution relating to Special Height and Use Near Airports. 2. Appeal of Planning Commission's conditional approval of Special Permit No. 17043, to allow soil mining and excavation on property generally located at Southwest 112th Street and West Van Dorn Street.
7) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County business not on the agenda may do so at this time.
8) ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will be in recess from December 20, 2017 through January 3, 2018. B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a staff meeting on Thursday, January 4, 2018 at 8:30 a.m., in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). C. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will attend a Legislative Breakfast on Monday, January 8, 2018 at 8:00 a.m., in Room 1126 of the State Capitol. D. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold their next regular meeting on Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln) with the Board of Equalization immediately following. E. The County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or email@example.com. F. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live on LNKTV City. For the rebroadcast schedule visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: LNKTV). Meetings are also streamed live on LNKTV and can be viewed on YouTube (LNKTVcity).