A replay of the Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting held on January 16, 2018.
1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, January 9, 2018.
2) CLAIMS: A. Approval of all claims processed through January 16, 2018.
3) UNFINISHED BUSINESS: A. Resolution in the matter of Elected Official Chief Deputy salary increases for the 2018 calendar year. (R-18-0005)
4) NEW BUSINESS: A. Resolution in the matter of witness fees paid by Lancaster County, which have remained unclaimed for six months or more. (R-18-0007)
B. Resolution in the matter of approving the salary increase for Dr. Sanat Roy, Clinical Director of the Lancaster County Crisis Center, from $167,983 to $172,183, effective December 19, 2017. (R-18-0008)
C. Special events permit application for the 2018 Animal Run on Saturday, February 3, 2018.
D. Amusement license renewal from Norris Public School District #160 to hold a car show on Saturday, May 5, 2018 at 25211 South 68th Street, Firth, Nebraska.
E. Accessory Building Agreement with Robert and Kathy Findley for property generally located at 16590 South 82nd Street. (C-18-0022)
F. Contract with Otte Oil and Propane for the annual supply of propane (Bid No. 17-285). The term of the contract is January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018. The cost to the County is not to exceed $9,000. (C-18-0017)
G. Amendment to County Contract C-16-0238 with One Source the Background Check Company for the annual service of employment and volunteer background investigation services (Bid No. 13-260). The amendment extends the contract from January 18, 2018 through April 17, 2018. The cost to the County is not to exceed $1,100. (C-18-0018)
H. Amendment to County Contract C-14-0328 with Logan Contractors Supply, Inc., for the annual requirements of polypatch applicator rental and mastic pave patch (Bid No. 14-125). The amendment will increase the County's maximum expenditures by $18,900 for the remainder of the current term. The revised contract total is $26,500. (C-18-0019)
I. Amendment to County Contract C-16-0090 with Jones Automotive, Inc., for the annual supply and installation of emergency equipment for law enforcement vehicles (Bid No. 16-021). The amendment renews the contract from February 23, 2018 through February 22, 2019. The cost to the County is not to exceed $110,000. (C-18-0020)
J. Amendment to County Contract C-17-0261 with China Mapleleaf Industrial Development Limited for the annual supply of vinyl locator flags (Quote No. 5562). The amendment increases the maximum expenditure by $3,500 for the remainder of the current term. The revised contract total is estimated to be $6,000. (C-18-0021)
5) CONSENT ITEMS: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. Right-of-way contracts with the following: 1. Randy Martinez, South 96th Street and Stagecoach Road, in the amount of $423. (C-18-0023) 2. Richard and Sandra Hosek, Noah and Kristina Jacobson and Jeremy and Renee Hosek, South 96th Street and Stagecoach Road, in the amount of $496. (C-18-0024) 3. Steven and Sue Todd Schuelke, North 176th Street and Alvo Road, in the amount of $663. (C-18-0025) 4. Maahs Farms, Inc., South 162nd Street and Pioneers Boulevard, in the amount of $811. (C-18-0026) B. Receive and place on file the following: 1. County Engineer Report (October thru December, 2017) 2. County Attorney Report (October thru December, 2017) 3. Special Election by Mail Report - Norris Public School Special Bond Election (November 14, 2017)
6) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County business not on the agenda may do so at this time.
7) ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a staff meeting on Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 8:30 a.m., in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold their next regular meeting on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). C. The County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or firstname.lastname@example.org. D. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live on LNKTV City. For the rebroadcast schedule visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: LNKTV). Meetings are also streamed live on LNKTV and can be viewed on YouTube (LNKTVcity).
LANCASTER COUNTY BOARD OF EQUALIZATION
1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Equalization meeting held on Tuesday, January 9, 2018.
2) ADDITIONS AND DEDUCTIONS TO THE TAX ASSESSMENT ROLLS: (See attached additions and deductions).
3) PUBLIC HEARING: A. Motor Vehicle Tax Exemption Applications (See correlating item 4) Cristo Rey Catholic Church of Lincoln St. Joseph Catholic Church and School First Free Methodist Church St. Paul's Lutheran Church Nebraska Wesleyan University Trinity Lutheran Church and School
4) ACTION ON MOTOR VEHICLE TAX EXEMPTION APPLICATIONS