A replay of the Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting held on January 23, 2018.
1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, January 16, 2018.
2) CLAIMS: A. Approval of all claims processed through January 23, 2018.
3) SPECIAL PRESENTATION: A. Introduction of Walter L. Broer, candidate for appointment as the Lancaster County liaison to the Library Board of Lincoln City Libraries - Pat Leach, Lincoln City Libraries Director. (See correlating item 4A)
4) NEW BUSINESS: A. Appointment of Walter L. Broer as the Lancaster County liaison to the Library Board of Lincoln City Libraries for a seven-year term.
B. Comprehensive Plan Conformance No. 17016: In the matter of adopting the One and Six Year Road and Bridge Construction Program for Lancaster County, fiscal years 2018 and 2019-2023. (R-18-0009)
C. Special designated license application from Nebraska FFA Foundation for an event to be held on February 11, 2018 at Capitol View Winery and Vineyard, 2361 Wittstruck Road, Roca, Nebraska.
D. Special designated license application from Junto Wine, LLC for an event to be held on February 11, 2018 at Capitol View Winery and Vineyard, 2361 Wittstruck Road, Roca, Nebraska.
E. Maintenance agreement with Microfilm Imaging Systems, Inc., in the amount of $922 for a Canon scanner located in the Clerk of the District Court's Office. Term of the agreement is February 1, 2018 to January 31, 2019. (C-18-0034)
F. Agreement between the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME - Engineering) Local 2468 and Lancaster County for the contract term August 17, 2017 through August 30, 2018. (C-18-0035)
G. Recommendation from the Purchasing Department and Emergency Management to award a contract to Schmader Electric for outdoor warning siren and installation (Bid No. 18-007). The cost to the County is $26,975. (B-18-0007)
H. Accessory Building Agreement with Ardith J. Korver Revocable Trust for property generally located at 17381 Pella Road. (C-18-0036)
I. Agreement with The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel to provide meeting room and services for the Lancaster County Employee Recognition Breakfast on May 22, 2018. Including catering and service fees, the cost to the County is $17.08 per attendee. (C-18-0037)
J. Cooperative agreement with the U.S. Department of the Interior U.S. Geological Survey for joint funding of water resources investigations. The agreement is for the operation and computation of records for four stream flow gaging stations, which are Salt Creek, Little Salt Creek near Lincoln, Stevens Creek near Lincoln and Rock Creek near Ceresco. The County will pay $12,710 for the services. Term of the agreement is October 1, 2017 through September 30, 2018. (C-18-0038)
K. Amendment to County Contract C-17-0357 with Constructors, Inc., for asphalt and resurfacing projects in 2017. The amendment extends the completion date from November 1, 2017 to April 1, 2018 due to circumstances beyond the control of the contractor. (C-18-0039)
L. Contract with Lincoln Digestive Health Center, LLC for the specialized medical care of General Assistance clients. The provider will be reimbursed at the Medicaid rate. (C-18-0040)
M. Amendment to County Contract C-13-0316 with Pepsi-Cola of Lincoln for vending services for Lancaster County and the Public Building Commission (Bid No. 13-125). The amendment is to add vending services to the K Street Complex. (C-18-0027)
N. Amendment to County Contract C-17-0181 with Sunset Law Enforcement for the annual supply of ammunition (Bid No. 17-036). The amendment renews the contract for an additional one-year term beginning March 7, 2018 through March 6, 2019. The cost to the County is not to exceed $45,000. (C-18-0028)
O. Amendment to County Contract C-17-0319 with Haworth, Inc., using the US Communities Contract No. 4400003402 for office furniture and related services. The amendment renews the contract from January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018. The estimated cost to the County is not to exceed $20,000. (C-18-0029)
P. Amendment to County Contract C-17-0033 with Murphy Tractor & Equipment for skid steer loader rentals (Bid No. 16-271). The amendment renews the contract from February 1, 2018 through January 31, 2019. The estimated cost to the County which includes a price increase is not to exceed $5,500. (C-18-0030)
Q. Amendments to the following contracts to provide the annual supply of ice melt (Bid No. 16-270). The amendments renew the contracts for a term beginning February 18, 2018 through February 17, 2019. 1. County Contract C-17-0182 with Helena Chemical Company, in an amount not to exceed $3,500. (C-18-0031) 2. County Contract C-17-0183 with Nebraska Landscape Solutions, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $3,500. (C-18-0032) 3. County Contract C-17-0184 with Omaha Paper Company, in an amount not to exceed $3,000. (C-18-0033)
5) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County business not on the agenda may do so at this time.
6) ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a staff meeting on Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 8:30 a.m., in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold their next regular meeting on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). C. The County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or email@example.com. D. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live on LNKTV City. For the rebroadcast schedule visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: LNKTV). Meetings are also streamed live on LNKTV and can be viewed on YouTube (LNKTVcity).