A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, March 6, 2018
A. Approval of all claims processed through March 13, 2018.
C. Recognition of Lancaster County Treasurer's 2017 Employees of the Year - Susan Schulte, Motor Vehicles Clerk; and Don Arp, Motor Vehicles Manager
A. Manager application for Beth M. Hladky in connection with a Class Y liquor license for Whispering Vines Winery, LLC, dba Windcrest Winery, 3110 W. Branched Oak Road, Raymond, NE.
C. Setting the annual salary of Amy J. Peters, Deputy Public Defender, at $63,358.88 as an Attorney I, effective March 12, 2018.
D. Special designated license application from Deer Springs Winery for a reception on May 5, 2018 at 16255 Adams Street, Lincoln, NE.
E. Special designated license application from Deer Springs Winery for a reception on June 12, 2018 at 16255 Adams Street, Lincoln, NE.
F. Resolution in the matter of recognizing March 26-30, 2018 as Severe Weather Awareness Week and April 7, 2018 as Central Plains Severe Weather Symposium and Storm Spotter Appreciation Day. (R-18-0018)
3) SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS: A. Introduction of Pat Condon, prospective appointee for the position of Lancaster County Attorney (See 5A for correlating item.)
A. Appointment of Pat Condon as the Lancaster County Attorney effective immediately.
B. "Celebrating Women in Public Office Day" - Commissioner Deb Schorr (See 5B for correlating item.)
B. Proclamation declaring March 19, 2018 as "Celebrating Women in Public Office Day." (R-18-0017)
G. Recommendation from the Purchasing and Corrections Departments to award a contract for Medical Services (RFP #17-235) to Correct Care Solutions. The estimated cost of the contract over the four-year term is $9,200,288.
H. Recommendation from the Purchasing Agent to award a contract for Overhead Door Repair and Replacement Services (Bid 18-047) to Raynor Doors of Nebraska, Inc. The estimated cost of the contract is $30,000.
I. Agreement with Schemmer Associates, Inc., for a geotechnical site evaluation of County Bridge D-88 located on W. Agnew Road, 1400 feet east of NE Highway 79. The County will pay $9,750 for the site evaluation.
J. Deposit placement agreement and custodial agreement with Midwest Bank for insured cash sweep options.
K. Memorandum of Understanding with the City of Lincoln for the purpose of rescinding the 1988 Justice Council Interlocal Agreement and creating a new Lancaster County-City of Lincoln Justice Council.
L. Agreement with the University of North Florida Training and Service Institute, Inc., on behalf of the Lancaster County Sheriff's Office, for a forty-hour training course entitled "Energy Methods and Damage Analysis in Traffic Crash Reconstruction" for thirty students. There is no cost to the County.
6) CONSENT ITEMS: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. Amendments to the following contracts for the annual requirements of equipment and accessory rental (B-14-137). Maximum expenditures will increase by $10,000 per year for the remainder of the current term for a revised total of $90,000 for all contracts: 1. C-14-0380 with Hamilton Equipment Company (C-18-0121) 2. C-14-0379 with NMC, Inc. (C-18-0122) 3. C-14-0378 with Sunbelt Rentals (C-18-0123) B. Amendment to County Contract C-14-0132 with Firespring for the annual requirements of business cards and letterhead printing (Bid 14-025). The amendment extends the contract for a two-month term beginning March 31, 2018 through May 30, 2018. (C-18-0130) C. Utility Permit No. 1641 allowing Windstream Nebraska, LLC, to install underground fiber optic cable under W. Holdrege Street from NW 56th Street to NW 66th Street. There is no cost to the County. (C-18-0112) D. Right-of-way contracts with the following: 1. Union Bank and Trust Co., Trustee, Monte R. Bohmont Unified Credit Trust, SW 62nd Street and W. Rokeby Road, in the amount of $775. (C-18-0127) 2. Duane C. and Sandra R. Maahs, S. 162nd Street and Pioneers Boulevard, in a total amount of $3,385. (C-18-0128) (C-18-0129) E. Monthly reports for February, 2018, from the following: 1. Assessor/Register of Deeds 2. County Clerk 3. Records and Information Management F. Setting a public hearing on March 20, 2018 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln) regarding an application for addition to liquor license from NuMark Golf, LLC, 8901 Augusta Drive, Lincoln, NE.
7) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County business not on the agenda may do so at this time.
8) ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a staff meeting on Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 8:30 a.m., in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold its next regular meeting on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln) with the Board of Equalization immediately following. C. County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or email@example.com. D. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live on LNKTV City. For the rebroadcast schedule visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: LNKTV). Meetings are also streamed live on LNKTV and can be viewed on YouTube (LNKTVcity).
LANCASTER COUNTY BOARD OF EQUALIZATION
1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Equalization meeting held on Tuesday, February 20, 2018.
2) ADDITIONS AND DEDUCTIONS TO THE TAX ASSESSMENT ROLLS
3) PUBLIC HEARING: A. Motor Vehicle Tax Exemption Applications (See correlating item 4) Catholic Social Services The Salvation Army
4) ACTION ON MOTOR VEHICLE TAX EXEMPTION APPLICATIONS
5) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County Board of Equalization business not on the agenda may do so at this time.