1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Commissioners meeting held on Tuesday, April 3, 2018.
2) CLAIMS: A. Approval of all claims processed through April 10, 2018.
3) NEW BUSINESS: A. Resolution in the matter of witness fees paid by Lancaster County, which have remained unclaimed for six months or more. (R-18-0024)
B. Resolution authorizing the installation of traffic control devices in Lancaster County. (R-18-0025)
C. Interlocal agreements for law enforcement services with the City of Hickman and the Villages of Bennet, Denton, Firth and Hallam. The Lancaster County Sheriff will assign one or more deputies to duty in the Village/City limits and provide a cruiser or cruisers. The Village/City will reimburse the County at the average overtime rate based on the Deputy Sheriff's Pay Plan as detailed in the agreement between Lancaster County, Nebraska and the Lancaster County Deputy Sheriff's Association Fraternal Order of Police, Lodge 29. Terms of the agreements are February 1, 2018 through January 21, 2019 and will automatically renew for the succeeding year until terminated. 1. Village of Bennet (C-18-0169) 2. Village of Denton (C-18-0170) 3. Village of Firth (C-18-0171) 4. Village of Hallam (C-18-0172) 5. City of Hickman (C-18-0173)
D. Lease agreement with Randy Chevalier to lease real property owned by the County as described in the agreement. Lessee will pay the County $250. The term of the lease is from January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018. (C-18-0174)
E. Recommendation from the Purchasing Department and the County Engineer to award a contract to Tim Sisco Construction, LLC, for culvert maintenance (Phase I) (Bid No. 18-072). The cost to the county is $380,867.35. (B-18-0072)
F. Recommendation from the Purchasing Department and the County Engineer to award a contract to Constructors, Inc., for asphalt paving and resurfacing (Bid No. 18-081). The cost to the County is $4,571,818.89. (B-18-0081)
G. Professional services contract with Felsburg Holt & Ullevig for the safety analysis of South 68th and 148th roads in Lancaster County. The anticipated completion date is December 31, 2019. The cost to the County is $52,650. (C-18-0156)
H. Professional services contract with JEO Consulting for wetland delineation and permitting services for various Lancaster County sites. The anticipated completion date is August 7, 2018. The cost to the County is $21,309. (C-18-0175)
I. Recommendation from the Purchasing Agent and County Engineer to award a purchase order to Seiler Instrument and Manufacturing Company using the State of Nebraska contract 136930C for Trimble robotic survey equipment. The cost to the County is $29,690. (C-18-0160)
J. Contract with Nebraska Occupational Health to provide the annual service of City/County blood chemistry profile (Quote No. 5812). The contract shall be effective upon execution of all parties for a one-year term. The cost to the County is not to exceed $4,000. (C-18-0161)
K. Contract with Inteconnect to provide commercial grade door security access control system and service (Bid No. 18-044). The contract shall be effective upon execution by all parties through February 28, 2019. The cost to the County is not to exceed $15,000. (C-18-0167)
L. Contract with All Needs Computer & Mailing Services, Inc., to provide annual pre-sort mailing services (Quote No. 5802). The contract shall be effective April 15, 2018 through April 14, 2019. The cost to the County is not to exceed $4,000. (C-18-0168)
M. Agreement with U.S. Bank National Association using the State of Nebraska contract (No. 50324 04) to provide purchase card services. The term of the contract will be from the date of execution through November 14, 2018. (C-18-0177)
4) CONSENT ITEMS: These are routine business items that are expected to be adopted without dissent. Any individual item may be removed for special discussion and consideration by a Commissioner or by any member of the public without prior notice. Unless there is an exception, these items will be approved as one with a single vote of the Board of Commissioners. These items are approval of: A. Contract with Raynor Doors of Nebraska, Inc., to provide overhead door repair and replacement services (Bid No. 18-047). The contract shall be effective upon execution by all parties for a one-year term. The cost to the County is not to exceed $30,000. (C-18-0163) B. Amendments to the following contracts: 1. C-15-0464 with Sapp Bros., Inc., for the annual supply of lubricants (Bid No. 15-133). The cost will be increased by $2,000 for the remainder of the current contract term with a revised contract total amount of $52,000. (C-18-0162) 2. C-15-0150 with Thermo King Christensen, Inc., for the annual supply of anti-freeze, coolants and windshield washer fluid (Bid No. 16-065). The amendment renews the contract for an additional one-year term beginning April 10, 2018 through April 9, 2019. The cost to the County is not to exceed $1,000. (C-18-0165) 3. C-15-0151 with Sapp Bros., Inc., for the annual supply of anti-freeze, coolants and windshield washer fluid (Bid No. 16-065). The amendment renews the contract for an additional one-year term beginning April 10, 2018 through April 9, 2019. The cost to the County is not to exceed $4,000. (C-18-0166) C. Right-of-way contracts with the following: 1. Charles and Linda Spanel, Breagan Road and First Street, Cheney, in the amount of $9,686. (C-18-0176) 2. Burdette Piening, Trustee, Southwest 100th Street and Saltillo Road, in the amount of $2,368.50. (C-18-0178) 3. Evelyn Bierhaus, et.al., Successor Co-Trustees, Southwest 62nd Street and West Rokeby Road, in the amount of $775. (C-18-0180) 4. Airport Authority of the City of Lincoln, Northwest 27th Street and West Vine Street, in the amount of $1,305. (C-18-0181) D. Utility Permit No. 1654 allowing Unite Private Networks to install new fiber optic cable under West Bluff Road from Malcolm School to Northwest 105th Street and continuing northerly to West Waverly Road. There is no cost to the County. (C-18-0158) E. Receive and place on file the following items: 1. County Attorney's Office quarterly report - January - March, 2018 2. County Engineer's quarterly report - January - March, 2018 3. Assessor/Register of Deeds monthly report - March, 2018 4. Clerk of the District Court monthly report - March, 2018 5. County Clerk monthly report - March, 2018 6. Records and Information Management monthly report - March, 2018 7. 457 Government Plan Enhancement Summary, Plan No. 006372, for the Lancaster County, NE 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, for the purpose of adding a contribution accelerator.
5) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County business not on the agenda may do so at this time.
6) ANNOUNCEMENTS: A. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold a staff meeting on Thursday, April 12, 2018 at 8:30 a.m., in the Bill Luxford Studio (Room 113) of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln). B. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners will hold its next regular meeting on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 9:00 a.m., in Room 112 of the County-City Building (555 S. 10th Street, Lincoln) with the Board of Equalization immediately following. C. County Commissioners can be reached at 402-441-7447 or email@example.com. D. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners meeting is broadcast live on LNKTV City. For the rebroadcast schedule visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: LNKTV). Meetings are also streamed live on LNKTV and can be viewed on YouTube (LNKTVcity).
1) MINUTES: A. Approval of the minutes of the Board of Equalization meeting held on Tuesday, March 20, 2018.
2) ADDITIONS AND DEDUCTIONS TO THE TAX ASSESSMENT ROLLS:
3) PUBLIC HEARING: A. Motor Vehicle Tax Exemption Applications (See correlating item 4) Calvary Cemetery Cornhusker Council Boy Scouts of America Catholic Social Services Developmental Services of Nebraska, Inc The Catholic Bishop of Lincoln First Evangelical Free Church Christ Place Church
4) ACTION ON MOTOR VEHICLE TAX EXEMPTION APPLICATIONS
5) PUBLIC COMMENT: Those wishing to speak on items relating to County Board of Equalization business not on the agenda may do so at this time.